Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

15 hours ago, pwny said:

I'm going to try to track this data more often. But we'll see.

If there's any other data that you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see if I can get it together.

How is Scalamanias pwn higher than Flex? When he had the better team all thru out the year? Is this taking into account? I don’t think so as you have the 11-5 record. Would like to know many thanks 

57 minutes ago, El ramster said:

How is Scalamanias pwn higher than Flex? When he had the better team all thru out the year? Is this taking into account? I don’t think so as you have the 11-5 record. Would like to know many thanks 

It’s based on point differential and factors it in a way that gives teams that win with good defense a slight advantage on the good side, as they aren’t going to blow teams out the way offensive juggernauts would (this is why the Sharks have a higher PWN despite Chicago having a higher differential). Alternatively, better offenses are given a slight edge on the low end, as a high scoring game is more likely to find a random win than an offense that can’t score (this is why Ravens has a higher PWN despite a worse differential than the Rattlers). It doesn’t take into account the team’s actual record, but is more a model for how the team should have done if not for random RNG impacts. 

The Jagwads were 11-2 in games decided by 1 score or less, while the Papermakers were 6-5. The Papermakers had the third highest point differential, whereas the Jagwads had the 6th. The Papermakers were two spots better on offense (4th vs 6th), and 4 better on defense (3rd vs 7th).

The Jagwads probably got lucky enough to benefit them into one extra win while the Papermakers probably got unlucky for a game.

Additionally - not factored in - the Jagwads actually went 0-3 vs the Papermakers this season.

I’d also make it noted that this is how the team should have done vs their schedule. Not necessarily how good they’d do with all things equal.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:46 PM, pwny said:

It’s based on point differential and factors it in a way that gives teams that win with good defense a slight advantage on the good side, as they aren’t going to blow teams out the way offensive juggernauts would (this is why the Sharks have a higher PWN despite Chicago having a higher differential). Alternatively, better offenses are given a slight edge on the low end, as a high scoring game is more likely to find a random win than an offense that can’t score (this is why Ravens has a higher PWN despite a worse differential than the Rattlers). It doesn’t take into account the team’s actual record, but is more a model for how the team should have done if not for random RNG impacts. 

The Jagwads were 11-2 in games decided by 1 score or less, while the Papermakers were 6-5. The Papermakers had the third highest point differential, whereas the Jagwads had the 6th. The Papermakers were two spots better on offense (4th vs 6th), and 4 better on defense (3rd vs 7th).

The Jagwads probably got lucky enough to benefit them into one extra win while the Papermakers probably got unlucky for a game.

Additionally - not factored in - the Jagwads actually went 0-3 vs the Papermakers this season.

I’d also make it noted that this is how the team should have done vs their schedule. Not necessarily how good they’d do with all things equal.

Makes sense thanks. I just saw flex take a massive dump on my team and really thought he would have won the chip. 

20 hours ago, El ramster said:

You’re very similar to Old Diesel. One hit wonder who was leaked way too early. 

What's that make you then? You seem to forget your lone championship came the season after my second, and in the past 9 seasons you've had 4 winning seasons. Step up or shut up.

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

yuck, i have Cam Newton. anyone want to trade?

super pumped for Kamara though. probably my favorite non packer player.

Talk to me after the NFL season. I have 1.1. We can probably work something out if none of my QBs develop.

Archived