Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

25 minutes ago, pwny said:

Regardless of my thought on the trade itself, my post was more tongue in cheek about Ruskie saying he’s glad you made your trade and he’s glad Tk3 made his.

Meanwhile, I’ve gotta deal with the winningest owner in NSFL history (by percentage) and the Taco Bowl rep from our conference who has an entire draft class and 26 tags to carry over.

And psid

1 hour ago, pwny said:

So a question... how is the last two seasons from Carr worth keeping if Alex Smith isn’t? You said you’d keep Carr if you can’t find a trade partner, so it’s not that you’re just trying to find someone to have the interest in him, apparently you’re willing to spend the 4 tags on him. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8169080

Nabbed Derek Carr late after his rookie draft class, he panned out for me and has been my quarterback since he entered the league. I don't know about you or the rest of the owners, but I tend to follow players I have on my NSFL team during the course of the NFL season, so there's a sense of familiarity. And when it happens to be players before they really emerged, there's a sense of satisfaction. Derek Carr, Demaryius Thomas, Justin Houston are all guys that fall into that category. And I suppose I've never been a huge fan of Smith (especially when you see how Mahomes is tearing it up with the same team a year later), so there's that as well. Entirely objective, but IMO Derek Carr > Alex Smith.

Still a bit of football left this season. We'll have to see how things play out, but Alex Smith's opportunity to improve on a low-turnover-yet-low-production output has come to a close.

Alex Smith: 10 games, 205/328, 62.5%, 2180 yards, 10 TDs, 5 INTs
Derek Carr: 10 games, 247/350, 70.6%, 2633 yards, 12 TDs, 8 INTs

Barring Carr somehow imploding and/or tossing picks like he's Nathan Peterman, I think it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Carr's 2018 campaign is better than Alex Smith's 2018.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Carr's 2018 campaign is better than Alex Smith's 2018.

I can concede this point. I don’t think the’re going to be much different though, at least from the efficiency side. The majority of the difference between them is going to come from the 2/3 of one percent injury issue. But I think with Alex Smith’s 2017, I really don’t see how either QB is going to be much different from one another. 

I think they’re both at a level that you keep until you can get into a higher tier. 

And for as much as you’re right that a guy like Alex Smith will be drafted early while better players at other positions are taken later - we’ve seen time and time again that the teams that can get a Carr/Smith type are the teams that can actually compete for a title, whereas the teams that end up with Eli, Flacco, Dalton and the like end up punting their season. You can overcome the drop in talent from not having a first rounder with good drafting elsewise; it’s nearly impossible to overcome not having the minimum necessary QB play. 

22 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don't know about you or the rest of the owners, but I tend to follow players I have on my NSFL team during the course of the NFL season, so there's a sense of familiarity.

I get you on this. Michael Thomas is one of my favorite players in the league largely because I’ve been following his progression since I drafted him. 

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

My lawd can’t wait to see what Donald does again. 

Aaron Donald and JJ Watt before him have been problem children for the attribute generation algorithm. He's exceeded the maximum threshold last season in a few attributes and he's on pace to shatter it in most attributes this season.

In other words, Aaron Donald is too good to be accurately simulated unless I rewrite a ton of code. Unreal.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Aaron Donald and JJ Watt before him have been problem children for the attribute generation algorithm. He's exceeded the maximum threshold last season in a few attributes and he's on pace to shatter it in most attributes this season.

In other words, Aaron Donald is too good to be accurately simulated unless I rewrite a ton of code. Unreal.

Sucks to suck @El ramster

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah. He was probably already a 99... cant do better than a 99

Archived