Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

Just now, Gmen4ev said:

72 receptions for 1,027 yards (14.26 YPR, 61 LNG), 11 touchdowns, 3 drops, 1 fumble.

Far better #2s out there mookie. Smh 

For reference Cousins threw it 586 times. Eli 440.

Yeah, and Dez was the #1 and Jordy was the #2 behind Keenan Allen. I'm not saying I'm just saying man!!

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Yeah, and Dez was the #1 and Jordy was the #2 behind Keenan Allen. I'm not saying I'm just saying man!!

Yeah but cousins legitmately threw the ball 126 times more than Eli. Even assuming Jordy got 1/5 of the targets(3 wrs, 1 re, 1 rb (on the field)) hed have gotten 25 targets more than Dez.

All I'm saying is that Dez is playing fb

Just now, Gmen4ev said:

Yeah but cousins legitmately threw the ball 126 times more than Eli. Even assuming Jordy got 1/5 of the targets(3 wrs, 1 re, 1 rb (on the field)) hed have gotten 25 targets more than Dez.

All I'm saying is that Dez is playing fb

Thats a fair assessment.

27 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Jordy Nelson [16 GS]: 87 receptions for 1,113 yards (12.79 YPR, 58 LNG), 7 touchdowns, 2 fumbles as a #2 WR behind Keenan Allen

Dez Bryant [16 GS]: 71 receptions for 1,001 yards (14.10 YPR, 39 LNG), 9 touchdowns, 2 drops, 3 fumbles as a #1 WR

giphy.gif

I've been meaning to ask, when you guys look at WRs and compare numbers, do you expect a #1 WR to have better numbers because he supposedly will get the most looks, or the #2 WR to have better numbers because he supposedly is getting covered by the weaker CB most of the time?

To put it simply, what is more impressive to you, or does it not mean anything to you?

Dez Bryant as #1: 80 receptions, 1000 yards, 8 TDs

Dez Bryant as #2: 80 receptions, 1000 yards, 8 TDs

Let's say they have the same QB and fellow WRs.

This season I feel like #2s matched the production, or even out produced, the #1 WR on plenty of squads. Could it just be the owner put the weaker sim WR at #1, or in these situations did the #2 WR just benefit from weaker coverage?

#2s who matched #1s this season

Pryor matched Maclin

Brandon Marshall matched Kelvin

Decker matched Sammy Watkins

Davante matched Cooks

Agholor matched Tate

Marvin matched Edelman

24 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I see it as #2s face weaker coverage therefor will put up better numbers against slightly lower looks. 

I would much rather have the first statline from Dez than the 2nd

WRs switch sides and line up against both CBs. And they're on the field the same amount.

26 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I see it as #2s face weaker coverage therefor will put up better numbers against slightly lower looks. 

I would much rather have the first statline from Dez than the 2nd

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

WRs switch sides and line up against both CBs. And they're on the field the same amount.

Jordy >>>> Dez fam

Just now, Gmen4ev said:

But I mean if you'd rather take the guy with 25+ targets a little over 100 yards but less Tds be my guest.

And ignoring the fact that cousins should be rated far better than Eli. Meaning his targets were likely more on target.

Dez at rb2 here we come

But this banter just stems from Mookie trying to discredit the Dez pick by using irl stats, but then a few hours later takes a wr who is proven to be hot dog poop without what could be the best QB of all time.... Then flexing his dogpoop wr by using sim stats but originally ignoring sim stats for Dez.

It depends on a bunch of stuff that’s not always easy to quantify.

Julio Jones [16 GS]: 98 receptions for 1,350 yards (13.78 YPR, 40 LNG), 11 touchdowns, 5 drops, 1 fumble.
Jarvis Landry [16 GS]: 71 receptions for 950 yards (13.38 YPR, 64 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 3 drops.
Michael Thomas Jr. [16 GS]: 60 receptions for 745 yards (12.42 YPR, 27 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 3 drops, 3 fumbles.

If they weren’t poaching from one another and weren’t all in such a run oriented offense, Jarvis and Thomas could both have another 2-300 yards. 

Archived