Who would you take... Hankins or Francois

GetDownandDirty

Wednesday looks like the day if Quinn is going to make a Free Agency move to optain a DT. The question is, will he make a move or sit pat. The two players available are Hankins & Francois. Who would you take. In the perfect world, sign them both. But Quinn likes to hold onto cap money for a rainy day, so possibly we can grab one. My pick is Hankins. Would bring stability to the D-Line. But still in the back of my mind.... Get’em both!! Dreaming

https://apple.news/A2kbSRvdaQlCs-YofB_AFVw

Hankins, easily, he's better imo, and can play longer-term with A'shawn Robinson bring stability along the line for years down the road.

Quinn has thrown away this season essentially by his lack of free agent moves imo, so he'll sign the cheaper option, which ever this is, more than just likely it'll be Hankins who's more expensive so we'll get Ricky-Jean Francois touted as a NFL pro-bowl run stopping machine by local media that are in the good graces of the Lions organization.

13 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Hankins, easily, he's better imo, and can play longer-term with A'shawn Robinson bring stability along the line for years down the road.

Quinn has thrown away this season essentially by his lack of free agent moves imo, so he'll sign the cheaper option, which ever this is, more than just likely it'll be Hankins who's more expensive so we'll get Ricky-Jean Francois touted as a NFL pro-bowl run stopping machine by local media that are in the good graces of the Lions organization.

Someone got the wrong Kool-Aid.

• 6 months later...
On 5/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, Karnage84 said:

Someone got the wrong Kool-Aid.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:33 PM, SimbaWho said:

I miss Karnage.... 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, SimbaWho said:

I miss Karnage.... 

This is literally the only reason that I've signed back into the site.

For the record, my comment was more about your negative perspective on the Lions and their off-season moves at a time when many people (including myself) were expecting at least a lateral record this season. However, there was a lot of optimism on building towards the future with Quinn and Patricia. I was figuring a 7-9 to 9-7 season. I also was not happy that we didn't make a move on Hankins. I'm still not sure why we didn't bring him on in the first place although the RSJ move made sense from an understanding the scheme perspective. I was pleased with the Snacks Harrison move but it still made me upset that we didn't bring Hankins in after he was out there for so long.

Overall, this has been a disappointing season. I am hopeful that this is similar to when Schwartz stepped in with a lackluster season and then brought us to being a competitive team for a couple years. The trade of Golden Tate signaled to everybody that the Lions considered this to be a throw away season and they were looking more to the future. I was high on KJ pre-draft but expected he wouldn't have as prominent of a role this season with Blount and Riddick also taking carries and catches away. If anything, he's a bright spot and something to look forward to in an otherwise bleak year.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

This is literally the only reason that I've signed back into the site.

For the record, my comment was more about your negative perspective on the Lions and their off-season moves at a time when many people (including myself) were expecting at least a lateral record this season. However, there was a lot of optimism on building towards the future with Quinn and Patricia. I was figuring a 7-9 to 9-7 season. I also was not happy that we didn't make a move on Hankins. I'm still not sure why we didn't bring him on in the first place although the RSJ move made sense from an understanding the scheme perspective. I was pleased with the Snacks Harrison move but it still made me upset that we didn't bring Hankins in after he was out there for so long.

Overall, this has been a disappointing season. I am hopeful that this is similar to when Schwartz stepped in with a lackluster season and then brought us to being a competitive team for a couple years. The trade of Golden Tate signaled to everybody that the Lions considered this to be a throw away season and they were looking more to the future. I was high on KJ pre-draft but expected he wouldn't have as prominent of a role this season with Blount and Riddick also taking carries and catches away. If anything, he's a bright spot and something to look forward to in an otherwise bleak year.

And for the record, you were right.

56 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Dude... I'm just messing and literally was baiting the hell out of you. COME BACK MAN!

It's fun to talk football with people. 

That is true. I'll have to make a few more appearances since it appears that I'm missed lol

I haven't really been able to watch too many of the games this year. However, it's basically the same as it is every year just with a few different names on the back of the jerseys.

The most frustrating part about this year is that the team doesn't have the look of a team that's competitive but comes up just short due to a lack of talent. Or the team that fights to the very end and Mr. 4th Quarter comeback has a chance for us to win the game. They're just getting beat down. That Jets game really set the tone and they haven't been much better for most of the year. It's year 1 of the Patricia/Quinn combo but this is a very shaky start.

Archived