Is LaFleur one and done with the Titans?

Is LaFleur one and done with the Titans?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is LaFleur one and done with the Titans?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I have a weird hunch that he'll be 2 and done. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

I think this is the most likely scenario if our offense becomes a juggernaut (which is still a big if). He's very unproven, so while I'd expect he gets HC interviews after a solid season in 2018, I doubt he lands an HC gig that fast. Would more than likely need two consistent years of a high-flying offense to cement a top job. Unless the Browns are desperate in 2019, which could very well happen.

I think he will be a 2 or 3 year and done. If we go out and win the Super Bowl this season and it's mainly because of the offense, I suppose he could be one and done. But realistically I feel that there will be some ups and downs this season as he gets his feet wet calling plays, Marcus gets adjusted to the new offense, and Vrabel gets his feet wet as a HC. Now what happens after year 2 is where it will be interesting to watch because I don't think he will make the mistake of taking the first HC offer that comes his way and will wait it out for the right situation.

Maybe he's picky about landing in the right situation, nothing that he might like opens up and we hang on to him for a year or two. But I, too, think that if everything goes right, two years is likely the most we see of him. 

He may be inexperienced but if he does in fact change our offense for the better as much as most of us think, it'd be hard for teams to ignore him. His track record not only would include being the QB coach for RG3's rookie year and Matt Ryan's MVP season, but also being the OC in the turn around of young QBs in Goff and hopefully Mariota this year.

It seems every team is looking for the next young innovative offensive coach to lead their team, and LaFleur seems to fit that bill. Depending on how their seasons go, I could see the Texans, Bucs, or Jets making a move for him.

I hope he successful in his transitioning of the Titans offense however I want consistency in a offensive scheme for Mariota for the first time in his pro career. If LaFluer leaves in a year or two hopefully his offense stays. I voted “no” for selfish reasons. Offensive consistency for Marcus. ??

It'll be bitter-sweet if he is.  I just wonder who will be his replacement should he take off for a HC job.  We need to design this offense where Mariota can run it himself much like Peyton Manning did.  He's definitely smart enough to do it.  The OC will just be a consultant.

I have my doubts about him completely transforming the offense into an elite unit in one year. So, I think we get at least two years out of him. Though, if he's gone after one, it should at least be a pretty fun one. Most talented defense we've had in a long time with an offense that was good enough to have it's coordinator poached. I'm not rooting for him to leave in a year, but I'm not going to be upset if it's the case.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:10 AM, TheMonarch1110 said:

I have a weird hunch that he'll be 2 and done. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

That's sort of the vibe I'm getting. Not sure he's going to bounce after just one season even if the offense years it up, but I don't see more than 2, 3 years tops.

Selfishly I'm hoping it ends up being a Jim Bob Cooter type of situation where every year everybody thinks that he's going to get a HC job, and then he just never does for whatever reason. One thing to remember is there's a lot more to a HC than just an "offensive mastermind." He has to be able to lead a room of 53, and I remember when I was researching LaFleur for Head Coach here I felt like he wasn't quite there yet as a leader. So that could play into how he commands a room in future HC interviews.

I know it's early and just OTAs, but I'm dying here.  Does anyone have any kind of idea how the guys are taking to these new schemes (offense and defense) yet?   Are they catching on, loving it, hating it, struggling with it, ANYTHING???

From the moment we landed Lefluer, I was keen to find out who the QB coach would be because the one and done scenario is very likely imo.

The key name to remember is Pat O'Hara. If Mariota succeeds within the system, continuity will be paramount. O'Hara followed Vrabel from Houston, so he may be inclined to promote from within if Lafluer does get a HC job. 

Or Marcus could be learning his  4th offense in his 5th season.

Archived