Blue Jays CL Roberto Osuna Suspended 75 Games for Domestic Violence

ramssuperbowl99

16 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Not good.

Nope. If the MLB handles this like how they've handled the other instances of domestic violence, we'll hear about them launching an investigation, they'll immediately try and cut a deal, and Osuna will get 30 games before the end of May.

As always, Sheryl Ring has a great article on this:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/roberto-osuna-the-blue-jays-and-the-limits-of-presuming-innocence/

One thing that isn't really touched on heavily here is that if Osuna ends up with any type of felony conviction (although that's unlikely), he could be barred entry into Canada.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As always, Sheryl Ring has a great article on this:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/roberto-osuna-the-blue-jays-and-the-limits-of-presuming-innocence/

One thing that isn't really touched on heavily here is that if Osuna ends up with any type of felony conviction (although that's unlikely), he could be barred entry into Canada.

Actually quite the opposite with our current Canadian regime. ISIS fighters are walking the streets of Toronto as we speak 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Slateman said:

So .... can you trade a guy who is suspended?

Yes. See the Yankees and Aroldis Chapman.

The MLB needs to close that loophole though. Any player who is suspended for DV is ineligible to be traded until either the suspension is completed or (my preference) the conclusion of the season after the suspension is completed.

This will prevent teams from basically taking Osuna on at a discount, then being able to flip him like the Yankees did.

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 3:07 PM, Spartica4Real said:

It's unfortunate we'll never know the details of what was a murky situation but Osuna is innocent purely legal speaking and I guess that's all we're gonna get. Good for Astros PR I guess...

There's difference between being innocent and being not guilty

Archived