Bears vs Broncos GDT

Madmike90

No way you cut Glennon...it's a long season and altho he looked really poor against the Broncos you have to keep in mind that is one of the better secondaries in football...I think the best plan long term is to roll with Glennon this year until week 12 then when the season is lost give Trubisky the last 4 games.

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No way you cut Glennon...it's a long season and altho he looked really poor against the Broncos you have to keep in mind that is one of the better secondaries in football...I think the best plan long term is to roll with Glennon this year until week 12 then when the season is lost give Trubisky the last 4 games.

I was postulating under the premise that trubisky is the starter week 1.  Im not so sure about Glennon holding on to the job for 12 games.  I would say thats probably his best case scenario, but realistically i think he and fox are done at the bye.  Although that entirely changes if next sat glennon comes out with another 0.0 performance and trubisky balls out against the 2s.  If that happens we WILL see a change before the 3rd preseason game and roll into the season with the rook

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I was postulating under the premise that trubisky is the starter week 1.  Im not so sure about Glennon holding on to the job for 12 games.  I would say thats probably his best case scenario, but realistically i think he and fox are done at the bye.  Although that entirely changes if next sat glennon comes out with another 0.0 performance and trubisky balls out against the 2s.  If that happens we WILL see a change before the 3rd preseason game and roll into the season with the rook

I just can't see any way we throw Trubisky into a game against the Falcons...he was excellent last night...but you read about what we have seen in camp and it tells a more balanced story...I just don't want to end up in the same old situation where we rush a rookie QB to be the savior and he gets burned for it...we are doing nothing this season with or without Trubisky starting...so why not allow him to fully acclimatize to the NFL then start him next year under a new HC who will bring an offence built around him where we can add more talent than we currently have? Rushing him would be the worst possible thing and if I'm Pace or ownership I take that decision out of the coaches hands.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just can't see any way we throw Trubisky into a game against the Falcons...he was excellent last night...but you read about what we have seen in camp and it tells a more balanced story...I just don't want to end up in the same old situation where we rush a rookie QB to be the savior and he gets burned for it...we are doing nothing this season with or without Trubisky starting...so why not allow him to fully acclimatize to the NFL then start him next year under a new HC who will bring an offence built around him where we can add more talent than we currently have? Rushing him would be the worst possible thing and if I'm Pace or ownership I take that decision out of the coaches hands.

There's no magic way to do it. Bortles got rushed and he's bad. Carr got rushed and he's good. It's all case by case. We didn't rush Grossman and he still wasn't good. This is why I've been saying all along that this should always have been an open competition, with the best guy being the guy that plays. What about this kid's makeup have we seen that says if he's on the field all of 2017 and it's a struggle that he's not capable of handling that? I want to see the kid succeed as much as anyone but I don't think we do him any favors keeping him bubble wrapped waiting for a perfect situation. I'm of the belief that he falls more in the Carr category than the Bortles one. Also, IT IS OKAY IF HE PLAYS AND IS NOT IMMEDIATELY GREAT. If he plays and struggles and he's not mentally tough enough to handle it then he's probably never going to be successful anyway. He plays the most scrutinized position in sports - dealing with adversity and often unwarranted external pressure is a huge part of the gig. 

What can be said, and what was known before anything that happened last year is that Glennon doesn't do ANYTHING at a special level. Never has. Almost certainly never will. He's always been a $16M insurance policy. Also, under his first real pressure situation as the guy, he came up small. Big time small. This is probably the biggest week of his career this week. If he pisses down his leg again and MT plays well then he may be far closer to the pine than John Fox will want to admit, and once he's there he's staying there barring injury. They can set MT up to be successful while he continues to learn, and it's not as though Glennon wouldn't also going to be working with a limited playbook too given his own limitations. We cant overlook the locker room factor here either. That's probably the most important thing for both Fox and Pace. If MT is clearly the guy who gives the team the best chance to win, and he isn't playing, then they're going to lose the locker room quickly. That isn't just limited to Fox IMO. Players want to win. Period. 

46 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Anybody know what happened in practice today? If Trubisky didnt take #2 snaps ill be shocked

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account @DickersonESPN 53m53 minutes ago
Bears wide receiver Markus Wheaton has returned to practice.

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account @DickersonESPN 54m54 minutes ago
QB Connor Shaw and RB Jeremy Langford also back on practice field.

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account @DickersonESPN 24m24 minutes ago
Another bad shotgun snap to Glennon. Bears gotta figure that out.

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account @DickersonESPN 30m30 minutes ago
Good start for Mike Glennon. Extremely accurate in opening team drill.

Adam Jahns‏Verified account @adamjahns 13m13 minutes ago
Mitch Trubisky’s big performance against the Broncos hasn’t changed the #Bears’ practice plan for him. At least not today.

Lester A Wiltfong Jr‏ @wiltfongjr
Mark Sanchez was just picked off.
10:43 AM - 12 Aug 2017

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account @DickersonESPN 15m15 minutes ago
So far, Glennon's had his best practice of camp. I think most in attendance would agree.

Adam Jahns‏Verified account @adamjahns 45s45 seconds ago
Marcus Cooper and Prince Amukamara with pass breakups vs. Mike Glennon, whose strong start today has faded at #Bears camp.

Adam Jahns‏Verified account @adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago
Nice throw from Mike Glennon to Cam Meredith for a TD during a goal-line drill at #Bears camp.

Adam Jahns‏Verified account @adamjahns 3m3 minutes ago
Good throw from Mark Sanchez but better catch from UDFA signing WR Tanner Gentry for a TD over Deon Bush in goal-line drill at #Bears camp.

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account @DickersonESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Great touchdown catch by Tanner Gentry who turned his body to adjust to Mark Sanchez pass. Glennon also w/nice fade toss to C. Meredith.

Brad Biggs‏Verified account @BradBiggs 2m2 minutes ago
DeAndre Houston-Carson with interceptions of Sanchez and Trubisky in the red zone so far today.

Adam Jahns‏Verified account @adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago
Mitch Trubisky intercepted by DeAndre Houston-Carson during goal-line drill at #Bears camp. Miscommunication somewhere.

Adam Hoge‏Verified account @AdamHoge 5m5 minutes ago
Adam Hoge Retweeted Adam Jahns
Looked like Trubisky thought Braverman was going to sit down on his route.

Robert Zeglinski‏ @RobertZeglinski 52m52 minutes ago
Trubisky has been working the hard count all day - finally gets Lamarr Houston to jump offside. Confidence growing.

Aaron Leming Retweeted
Lester A Wiltfong Jr‏ @wiltfongjr 54m54 minutes ago
Trubisky has good fundamentals on his play fakes and following through after handing off. #Bears

Aaron Leming Retweeted
Lester A Wiltfong Jr‏ @wiltfongjr 56m56 minutes ago
Trubisky nice play action fake then TD to Braunecker

Zach Zaidman‏Verified account @ZachZaidman 1m1 minute ago
#Bears respond to the loss in their preseason opener with a huge practice win in Bourbonnais.

Brad Biggs‏Verified account @BradBiggs 11s12 seconds ago
#Bears coach John Fox says QB Mike Glennon bounced back "real well" in practice today.

Patrick Finley‏Verified account @patrickfinley 27s28 seconds ago
#Bears LB Jonathan Anderson has a high ankle sprain. Nick Kwiatkoski has concussion symptoms

Brad Biggs‏Verified account @BradBiggs 1m1 minute ago
#Bears WR Josh Bellamy (ankle), Ka'Deem Carey (thigh) did not practice. LB Nick Kwiatkoski had concussion symptoms this morning.

Brad Biggs‏Verified account @BradBiggs 3m3 minutes ago
John Fox asked about changing the #Bears depth chart at QB this week: "We'll keep you posted."

Archived