Saints Mark Ingram suspended 4 games

49erurtaza

Lol Ingrams agent saying the substance is on the exempt list with league approval

if mark was on the list of people approved to use it he wouldn’t have been suspended. Lol. I can’t imagine this is some oversight and the NFL just forgot Mark was allowed to take it lol..

5 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

So now we know why he had such a great year this year. This will definitely hurt the Saints, I don't care what everyone here is saying about Kamara.

Do you really think PED's are only being used by those who get caught?   They're the ones unlucky/not smart enough (or to be precise, rely on ppl not smart enough) to get outed.  

Re: Saints, of course it hurts them.  The question is how much for those 4 games.

14 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

So now we know why he had such a great year this year. This will definitely hurt the Saints, I don't care what everyone here is saying about Kamara.

No this past year was mostly the same Mark Ingram us Saints fans have seen for years. It was just much more hyped up with his new counterpart also doing great things in Alvin Kamara. He was statistically very similar in 2016. It wasn't like last year was some sort of crazy breakout year for him. Had he not missed time in 2015, he would have likely had similar numbers to 2016/2017 as his averages per game were also similar. 

As for hurting the Saints for the 4 games he misses, it might (If Kamara gets injured), but I doubt it will make much difference for that short of a time frame. We have a top 5/top 10 RB in Alvin Kamara, we have a HOF QB in Drew Brees, we have a top 5/top 10 WR in Michael Thomas, we have a great OL (That is currently all healthy...Knock on wood), and we just signed a talented number 2 WR in Cameron Meredith. Without Ingram, our offense still has about 4-5 guys that have legit shots at being Pro Bowl level players this year:

Brees- Pro Bowl (x11)

Kamara- 2017 Pro Bowl

Thomas- 2017 Pro Bowl

Armstead- 2015 Pro Bowl 

Warford- 2017 Pro Bowl  

I wonder if some veterans aren't just getting caught on purpose just to get a 4 weeks vacation, then end the season strong and hopefully play 3-4 playoffs games with stronger legs.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I wonder if some veterans aren't just getting caught on purpose just to get a 4 weeks vacation, then end the season strong and hopefully play 3-4 playoffs games with stronger legs.

I doubt that. They lose 4 gamechecks which could be a lot of money for those guys. No way they want that to happen. They could fake an injury instead of that.

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Do you really think PED's are only being used by those who get caught?   They're the ones unlucky/not smart enough (or to be precise, rely on ppl not smart enough) to get outed.  

Re: Saints, of course it hurts them.  The question is how much for those 4 games.

Exactly, there are a number of peptides that can be used and unless tested within 2 days (IIRC) cannot be detected yet. Might not be as effective as actual steroids, but gives a hell of an advantage. GHRP-2 DAC, etc.

Being honest, if I was up for an eight figure deal you bet your *** I'd be looking for whatever advantage I could get. You have a chance to retire in your 30s and lead a completely amazing and secure life for generations with any real forethought.

Not sure exactly how often guys in the NFL get tested - I know it’s random for guys that haven’t popped a positive test - but assuming it isn’t super often, the risk vs reward seems to be worth it. 

Improved recovery, more efficient training, improved physicality where - worst case scenario - you get busted and miss 4 games. Seems to be worth it if you have any idea when they might test you. 

That said, getting popped a second time becomes problematic.

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

that sound you hear is Alvin Kamara's fantasy stock skyrocketing

He was already going mid-round 1 in PPR leagues.   Don’t know if he changes a whole lot there.  

In standard formats though the effect is going to be interesting to see. 

Archived