Mark Ingram suspended 4 games for PEDs

Dome

I think you guys are underselling Ingram here. Yes we have Kamara in the fold, but so much of our potency on offense was coming from teams trying to account for both of them, or get the right guys on the field when we made changes. Putting Kamara out there as a full time starter is going to take away that wrinkle, and make us a bit more predictable.

Orleans Darkwa would be my pick for an extra body. I don't think we can go into season with Kamara as our only RB with game experience. He'd be a decent #3 if Scott isn't ready. DeMarco Murray will be cheap too, for the same role.. but meh on Murray.

9 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I know pretty much every player is on the juice, but it still pisses me off to think it, and to know it. 

I'm mega bummed about this.

I understand this point of view and respect it, but honestly, I personally don't care.  We let people smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, both of those things are far more dangerous than the vast majority of PEDs out there.   Eating junk food every day is probably worse than taking testosterone.  

It is cheating, which is the only part of it I have a problem with, but at this point, so many athletes have done something to bend the rules, it's almost a requirement that you learn how to cheat without getting caught..

Some may point out that it makes bigger, stronger, faster athletes which increase risk of injury and concussion, and that's true, but no one really cares how big, strong, and fast you get, or weight rooms and protein shakes would be outlawed.  They just don't want you doing it with a "mysterious", and "dangerous" substance, which turns out is really neither, and provides very little benefit without supplementing it with the weights.

At the end of the day, I'd rather my guys not be on them, but more to do with the stigma surrounding it then anything else.  And I completely understand why other people have a problem with it.

37 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I understand this point of view and respect it, but honestly, I personally don't care.  We let people smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, both of those things are far more dangerous than the vast majority of PEDs out there.   Eating junk food every day is probably worse than taking testosterone.  

It is cheating, which is the only part of it I have a problem with, but at this point, so many athletes have done something to bend the rules, it's almost a requirement that you learn how to cheat without getting caught..

Some may point out that it makes bigger, stronger, faster athletes which increase risk of injury and concussion, and that's true, but no one really cares how big, strong, and fast you get, or weight rooms and protein shakes would be outlawed.  They just don't want you doing it with a "mysterious", and "dangerous" substance, which turns out is really neither, and provides very little benefit without supplementing it with the weights.

At the end of the day, I'd rather my guys not be on them, but more to do with the stigma surrounding it then anything else.  And I completely understand why other people have a problem with it.

I agree with all this (other than the "I don't care" part). I do care, yet I also want the big, fast, gladiator badass that's going to fly around like a wicked machine and smoke people off their cleats etc... I don't really care about the players, and they don't care about me. I DO; however, love the game of football because of the gladiator type play. Unfortunately, that's changing rapidly due to the overwhelming size of the populous pu**ies, and their lawyers. ..........I'll try to end my own rant. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 3:16 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Nice work, bud.

Bet Brees is steamed lol

Then has the nerve to hold out of OTA's for a new contract... I'm a big Ingram supporter but that's ridiculous, you get suspended for 4 games for PED's (reguardless what he says it was he's suspended) then have the nerve to hold out for a contract??? Forget Payton, This clearly will not sit well with Loomis and I suspect the Saints to use Ingram throughout his current deal then part ways.

13 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Then has the nerve to hold out of OTA's for a new contract... I'm a big Ingram supporter but that's ridiculous, you get suspended for 4 games for PED's (reguardless what he says it was he's suspended) then have the nerve to hold out for a contract??? Forget Payton, This clearly will not sit well with Loomis and I suspect the Saints to use Ingram throughout his current deal then part ways.

I just read this in NOLA, and had the same thought. You get caught cheating, and then demand a new deal? Gimme a frickin' break.

The guy is a good football player, but he's far from the best RB in the league, yet he's getting paid like one already. So what the heck is he holding out for.

This is just stupid. And if his agent is behind this, he needs to be fired. Maybe needs to be fired anyway if he can't talk his own player out of a stupid decision like this.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:25 AM, Mid Iowa said:

I just read this in NOLA, and had the same thought. You get caught cheating, and then demand a new deal? Gimme a frickin' break.

The guy is a good football player, but he's far from the best RB in the league, yet he's getting paid like one already. So what the heck is he holding out for.

This is just stupid. And if his agent is behind this, he needs to be fired. Maybe needs to be fired anyway if he can't talk his own player out of a stupid decision like this.

I think this is all about Ingram realizing hes about to be on the wrong side of 30 and that there is a young star at his position that will be looking for a huge payday in a couple years. Ingram realizes how the Saints move on from backs and wanted to try and use his leverage of this "all in" season the saints are in but this suspension blew up in his face. 

Still to continue to demand a new deal with this hanging over his head screams that Ingram believes hes above consequence.

Look, I've been an Ingram supporter since day 1 but enough is enough. If I remember right, he's been on the radar for this type thing in the past. Insert HUGE question here... Mr. Ingram, why can't you learn from past mistakes? But in all reality, what's done is done. With this suspension, you forfeited your "leverage."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived