The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why did Anthony Miller fall so far? He is a rookie and still a #2 WR on a team that should have an improving QB. Several other young WRs went rounds and rounds earlier. I think that is a great pick. 

It is interesting to think these guys we are drafting are either not going to be kept or will have to beat out guys drafted higher

I kept wondering the same thing.  I figured someone would have grabbed him by now.  I have a roster full of potential and no real established superstars.  Definitely a different approach for me to the draft.  I know it won't put me in a great spot next year but hopefully by year 3 it will pay dividends for me.

• Like 1

No shocker i took Bortles but this late eh why not. I had someone else typed in that i couldnt believe was still available but went Bortles instead. At this stage he either improves and might be worth keeping or he doesnt and he wont be kept. Most everyone assumes to keep their top-12 picks unless retirement or massive injury plays a role

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why did Anthony Miller fall so far? He is a rookie and still a #2 WR on a team that should have an improving QB. Several other young WRs went rounds and rounds earlier. I think that is a great pick. 

It is interesting to think these guys we are drafting are either not going to be kept or will have to beat out guys drafted higher

I was gonna take him or James Washington with 14.5

Personally, I dropped Miller down a bunch because he'll be a 24 year old rookie. That in combination with his skillset makes me think that he'll be an immediate contributor, but I sort of worry about how much he'll end up developing. This is a really good area to be getting players of that caliber.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23771497/baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-lining-other-positions-team-practices :(

Edited by nagahide13

I'm interested in seeing who Jag takes here. I see a bunch of really good options... The pool is deep.

*I just checked his post history, and I think I might know who it is. ;)

There are a few guys that I'd be happy with here. I think we're all going to get most of our remaining targets with this deep of a pool. That's why I took a defense so early after Washington and Miller were off the board.

Edited by nagahide13

13 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm interested in seeing who Jag takes here. I see a bunch of really good options... The pool is deep.

*I just checked his post history, and I think I might know who it is. ;)

There are a few guys that I'd be happy with here. I think we're all going to get most of our remaining targets with this deep of a pool. That's why I took a defense so early after Washington and Miller were off the board.

I too am curious who you mean based on this...i don’t exactly rep guys too much

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Kelvin Benjamin was the guy I just didn’t understand why he was still available. I know he isnt a PPR guy and his QB situation is rough but i figured he is young and on what looks like a team that will be throwing late or at least not up big. Good pick up OPM

Thanks man. I had a similar rationale. He’s the only somewhat proven WR on a team. I’m a target share guy. Charles Clay and McCoy are his only real threats. Plus if Allen starts and is any decent, I’m betting Benji is his no. 1.

I like the Cole selection, but also I like a lot of Jags WRs. Moncrief and Chark... DeDe to a lesser extent. Why Cole?

3 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Thanks man. I had a similar rationale. He’s the only somewhat proven WR on a team. I’m a target share guy. Charles Clay and McCoy are his only real threats. Plus if Allen starts and is any decent, I’m betting Benji is his no. 1.

I like the Cole selection, but also I like a lot of Jags WRs. Moncrief and Chark... DeDe to a lesser extent. Why Cole?

Since you asked(I know we aren't suppose to discuss players too much but at this point its gotta be fine right USMC?)

Cole has proven more than Chark/DeDe. Moncrief is making waves in OTAs but his injuries and the fact he is on a 1 year deal might mean he isn't even here next year. Lee has injury issues and is likely the guy @nagahide13 thought I was taking and he very well might outproduce Cole but Lee's hands and injuries have bugged us for a while. Taking a Jaguars WR is hardly ever a good idea but considering I have Julio-Adams-Green-Goodwin, and he was drafted round 15, its not like I'm expecting alot. If i have to even consider keeping him next year then he was worth the pick and if he flames out...it was a 15th rounder. 

8 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Jaguars receiving corps always seems so unpredictable. I actually thought you were going with a different Jags receiver.

I know ESPN has him rated much lower than other WRs which makes me think i could have waited but at this point i had 2 spots to take plus a kicker and DST. He has potential that started to get tapped into last year. We'll see. We are still a run-first offense with an elite defense that might be too good for Cole to get much work. Our receiving group lacks an elite guy but i think we can go 4-5 wide and have mismatches

@USMC_PackFan we do have to draft a defense and a kicker right?

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832