The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Okay so here goes

@persiandud

What I liked:

Keenan Allen is a young and great WR albeit with some injury issues. If Rivers keeps playing then Allen will be a stud. Cam Newton has all his weapons back and is still a young QB that is a threat to run too. Travis Kelce was my #1 TE. He is 28 years old with a QB that has an arrow pointing up that loves to throw. Nick Chubb was one of my favorite rookies and he would have gone sooner if he wasn't in Cleveland. Rosen might provide some help later on if Luck isn't ready to go. Coleman is someone that has loads of potential if he can just get his own starting gig and scoring that kind of potential in round 8 is great. The next 2 picks went RB with Aaron Jones and D'onta Foreman who both have loads of potential. Both play for potent offenses when healthy and could be strong #2s for a long time if given a real chance. 

What I didnt like:

I wasn't crazy about the Odell Beckham pick at #1. Coming off an injury, playing for a team that has QB issues, a young QB looming or possibly traded to a team with tons of money which likely has a rough QB situation.  Andrew Luck in round 4 was strange for me. He isn't old but a 28 year old QB with shoulder issues likely doesnt have a long career even if he comes back strong which isn't something we are sure of. I see the potential but round 4 was too early. Double dipping on Colts going with Hilton. Further rolling the dice on Luck's recovery as Hilton struggled last year to be even remotely consistent. 

Overall:

I feel like there are some serious "IFs" with this team but if Luck is healthy and a RB emerges from Foreman, Jones or Chubb this team should be set for a while

Next Up:

@One Punch Man

What I liked:

There is alot to like about this team. Gurley is a freakin monster and could still have a decade ahead of him. Follow that up with Dalvin Cook and Melvin Gordon and we have a trio of RBs under the age of 26 that are all #1s that catch passes too. Assuming Gore and Ballage dont get in the way, i very much like the Drake pick in round 7. He performed well once Ajayi left too. Idk if its a Golladay thing but Marvin Jones was a Top-15 WR last year and is just 28 years old. He could easily be a #2 on most teams but is the #3 here. If Robby Anderson stays out of trouble he could be another possible #2 but again the QB situation in NY is a bit of an unknown but there talent is definitely there and garbage time stats still count too. Tarik Cohen is one of those fantasy RBs that is painful in a non-ppr league but provides solid value here as someone who should catch alot of passes from his young QB. Loved the Benjamin pick as he should be #1 WR in a team that lacks any sort of option there plus John Ross was once a high pick on a team looking for a legit threat opposite AJ Green. 

What i didnt like:

I am not 100% sold on Mahomes but i get it. He has a big arm and a ton of weapons. I just wasn't so sure about him before the draft and there hasn't been any real playing that has changed anything. I wasn't the biggest Cooks fan but him moving to the Rams has me concerned some just because they should be run-first plus Kupp and Woods played very well last year and i just dont know if there are enough mouths to feed. Sammy Watkins is a combination of loads of potential but always seems hurt enough to never fully reach it. He has the speed that matched Mahomes arm very well. Much like what i said about Luck/Hilton for Persian's team, if Mahomes plays the way KC fans think he will, then Watkins could be great but he comes with an injury factor that Hilton didnt. Trey Burton is someone i sort of avoided because i think Chicago will run first and Mitch-T has so many weapons that i dont think Burton realizes his potential easily in this offense. 

Overall:

Love this team's long term potential while not sacrificing the early years too. 

• Like 1