The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Just finished entering the final draft pick. The waiver period has officially begun. 

Also, I am literally on a plan right now headed out for a week's vacation. I'll try & check in off & on. Don't let this place fall apart while I'm gone! :D

Edited by USMC_PackFan

@winitall

What I like:

Its hard not to like the Hopkins pick. The man was a freakin beast last year with no one at QB. If Watson is every bit as good as advertised then Hopkins could be the #1 WR in the NFL for almost a decade. Kareem Hunt is a solid #1 RB and i believe lead the league in rushing last year. The main concern with him is TDs but we'll see what happens. Christian McCaffrey is someone i kind of liked more than Hunt despite his touches probably being low he will catch a ton of passes and that matters here. Not gonna lie, i was crushed to see so many RBs go from 18-23. Cooper Kupp is someone that has found favor with Goff. He is a solid PPR guy but the concern with adding Cooks is, are there enough targets to go around when Gurley is in the backfield running it 300 times a year. Royce Freeman, i think, was the last of the rookie RBs that might have a shot at a starting gig so i love the chance there and followed up by going Ingram is just great value even with the 4 game suspension. He was a monster last year and worth the risk in round 9. If Case Keenum is 80% the QB he was last year, then i think Demaryius Thomas will have a Top-15 fantasy football season at WR and he was one of those guys i couldn't believe was still falling. The Larry Fitzgerald pick is basically a repeat of DT. Love it even though it is sort of sort-sighted, at round 10, why the hell not? I like the QB2/3 pairing of Roethlisberger/Sam Darnold as you have Ben early on for maybe 1-2 years and then Darnold could be a great QB for a while if everything works out. Love the plan there.

What I didnt like:

Rob Gronkowski in Round 6. I love what he does for you short term but the fact he might have retired this year makes me concerned you overpaid for a 1 year rental but the potential to be the #1 TE this year is still enticing. Derrick Henry also in Round 6. No this isn't Tennessee bias so much as a Dion Lewis thing. Tennessee gave Lewis a decent enough contract to make me think he won't just be playing RB speller to Henry. Henry is an absolute beast that doesnt go down easy and without the Lewis signing i think he gets drafted 2 rounds earlier but Lewis isn't exactly an old back so how long with Henry have a handcuff of Lewis's caliber?

Overall:

Like pretty much everyone's team(not to sound like a politician) but there is alot to like here. The QB spot is probably more potential than proven since Goff has just 1 good year and Ben is old but the RBs are still green and there are plenty of those to fill the flex spots when the older WRs decline but even they fit the format to a T. Nicely done

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

So, curious observation.  I notice there are not a lot of IDP leagues on the forum.  Why is it that.  Do people hate IDP leagues that much?  Is it too much work?  Just asking.

I think free IDP leagues are more prone to just have bad teams get abandoned (even more so than free standard teams), and it’s a very niche format to find replacement owners, especially in-house here.

45 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I think free IDP leagues are more prone to just have bad teams get abandoned (even more so than free standard teams), and it’s a very niche format to find replacement owners, especially in-house here.

But why do you think that is?  Do you think that owners just don't grasp IDP scoring as well as standard scoring or do you think that people just don't study or research defensive players as well as they do offensive players?

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

But why do you think that is?  Do you think that owners just don't grasp IDP scoring as well as standard scoring or do you think that people just don't study or research defensive players as well as they do offensive players?

Scoring for IDP leagues never seems weighted right. Like I've done a few leagues where there were additional spots for defenders but LBs were weighted so heavily better than the others it made it boring

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Scoring for IDP leagues never seems weighted right. Like I've done a few leagues where there were additional spots for defenders but LBs were weighted so heavily better than the others it made it boring

I have seen that.  I think because when people think about defense when it comes to IDP they think mostly in terms of tackles.  They don't weigh sacks, INTs, passes defended, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, and return yards properly.

5 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I have seen that.  I think because when people think about defense when it comes to IDP they think mostly in terms of tackles.  They don't weigh sacks, INTs, passes defended, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, and return yards properly.

We had all those scored but it was like 1 pt per tackle, 2 per sack and 3 per INT. The best fantasy LBs will simply outscore with those numbers

Okay so i suppose i'll look at my team:

What I like: Getting AJ Green in Round 4 was something i was a bit shocked with as i strongly considered him in round 3 when i took Davante Adams so i didnt think twice on that. Goodwin was someone i was very high on and seemed to be someone Jimmy-G really trusted. Overall my WRs are freakin awesome but the rest could be improved. Not happy to hear about the Brady retirement rumors as i thought getting him in round 7 was great thinking he'd be around for a few years.

What I didnt like: While I maintain that Fournette will be a great back for a long time, I do somewhat regret not taking Kamara there at 8 but i dont think Fournette would have lasted til my next pick and neither did Kamara. Taking Julio Jones in Round 2 was a calculated risk that came back to bite me as Hunt, Gordon, McCaffrey and Cook all went in the next 6 picks as i was hoping i'd be able to snag one. Losing out on Kelce and Ertz both 3 picks before my next one really sucked. 

Overall: I think my team is much more in a win-now mode as opposed to a future contender despite the additional 2019 draft capital. Could be an issue down the line but for now I'm happy with it

@USMC_PackFan

What I like:

David Johnson was likely a Top-3 pick in this format but went #5, gotta love that. Doug Baldwin seems like the lone target for a Top-5 QB in Russell Wilson. He will get plenty of touches and with the defense lacking and their RB unproven, they will throw early and often. Golden Tate is an underrated PPR WR and pairing him up with Matthew Stafford will be a good duo for a while. Parker and Shepard offer great youth and potential at WR, even if 1 of them hits long-term it will be a steal at this point. Mike Williams in round 11 is a great value considering other rookie/2nd year WRs with little to no production were getting drafted sooner. 

What I didnt like:

Michael Thomas is someone i really like but I think passing on the other RBs might be regretful if Mixon and his OL dont improve. I didnt like the Ertz pick...because it haunts me still...

Overall:

Other than have 3 QBs that are 30 or older there is a ton of youth on this team. The 2nd RB on this team could make or break them as far as most complete roster but even without one, there really isn't a bad spot to be in here.

• Like 2

Can't disagree (too much) with anything @JaguarCrazy2832 mentioned above. 

Took a calculated risk in round 2 after missing out on Kamara who was picked right before me by @nagahide13>:(. So I went with youth & upside with M. Thomas and hoped that one of the better remaining RB's would fall to my 3rd round pick. 

After Hunt, Gordon, & Cook went off the board, I again went with youth & upside of Mixon. The fact that he (IMHO) was the last "bell cow" type back remaining weighed heavily in my decision as well. Some folks forget how lauded Mixon was coming out of college. With one year under his belt, off-season improvements of the o-line, & Jeremy Hill gone the sky's the limit for him. 

As far as as my QBs are concerned, they're all in the prime of their careers so I honestly have no concerns. My favorite of the 3 (even though he's a Lion) is only 30 & has 10 years of NFL experience under his belt. Very few QBs that were drafted before him can say that. 

Are there a few things I would change? Sure. But overall I'm very happy with my team and think it will be a contender for years to come. 

• 3 weeks later...