The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, USMC_PackFan said:

Can't wait to see how my team stacks up against everyone else's. 

Should be a fun first season! 

It will be an interesting one. Definitely a feeling out season. If a championship comes my way I'd be thrilled but I'm only hoping for a good showing and build from there. 

@nagahide13

What I liked:

Getting Alvin Kamara mid round 2 was the prize that everyone after Naga craved and he landed a monster steal. I probably will be kicking myself for passing on him for Fournette but i wanted the 1 Jaguar worth spending an early pick on and haven't had one of those since MJD. Thielen in round 5 was a PPR steal as he catches passes early and often plus the addition of Kirk Cousins really shouldn't scare anyone. I liked getting Leveon Bell at pick #6 but he scares me very much. I expect him to have a Top-2 RB season again but if he leaves Pittsburgh i expect a significant decline so he kind of is someone i like but there is a caveat depending on where he lands next year. Alshon Jeffrey and Will Fuller might not be a great ppr receivers but they are 2 WRs i will be targeting in my leagues this year as i think they outplay their ADP and given their age and youth at the QB position they could be strong for a while. Whats not to love about the Jaguars DST? We're fairly young and setting up the future nicely with some good rookies. I regret not taking them before you.

What I didnt like:

I'm not the biggest Jordan Howard fan. He isn't a factor catching the ball and for some reason it sounds like Chicago wants to move from their run-heavy scheme which means more touches for Cohen. Maybe I'm just not fully ready to believe Jimmy G is the savior of SF but i thought round 3 was kind of early especially since Goff was available and with a slightly longer resume. Pretty much splitting hairs with it though. One thing i was shocked to see what David Njoku going round 6. I just didnt see it coming at all. I know he is young but someone like Kyle Rudolph is 28 years old and went 5 rounds later. TE is one of those rough positions though in dynasty leagues where it isn't easy to find one in the draft after the fact but i was shocked to see someone like him go round 6 but adding Walker helps alleviate some of that.

Overall:

I like the mix at the QB spot with a proven-semi proven-unproven mix so Jackson will sit on the bench while Brees does his thing and then will slide right in. The only curiosity will be bye weeks since the QB FA wire is garbage. I mean, even Blake Bortles is gone?!?! Incredible 1-2 punch at RB and even Howard is a fine #3. Thompson and Garcon are nice PPR bench spots and i like Robert Woods alot too. Just like everyone else, there isn't any real reason why this team cant be successful in the short/long term. Bell's landing spot and Jimmy-G's progression are the biggest X-factors 

• Like 1

My only defense for Njoku is that I think he's going to be an absolute monster. He's young and it may take another year or two, but I think he'll get there.

With Jimmy G, I was expecting QBs to go a lot earlier. Usually in 2QB/Superflex leagues, they absolutely fly. I was expecting to draft my 2nd QB in the 4th, but the entire crop took a free fall as people went after RBs and WRs. I decided to wait and figure my other QBs out once they started to go a bit quicker... All the other young guys went in a chunk and I decided to go with the Jackson/Brees route. Garoppolo is a big gamble though, for sure.

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

My only defense for Njoku is that I think he's going to be an absolute monster. He's young and it may take another year or two, but I think he'll get there.

With Jimmy G, I was expecting QBs to go a lot earlier. Usually in 2QB/Superflex leagues, they absolutely fly. I was expecting to draft my 2nd QB in the 4th, but the entire crop took a free fall as people went after RBs and WRs. I decided to wait and figure my other QBs out once they started to go a bit quicker... All the other young guys went in a chunk and I decided to go with the Jackson/Brees route. Garoppolo is a big gamble though, for sure.

QB went slower than i thought too and i was very thankful because i waited. Njoku in Cleveland has me more concerned lol

Since the draft is over, you guys want to check out this thread I'm working on. Trying to make a FF big board

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/11573-footballsfuture-fantasy-big-board-1/

@persiandud

@nagahide13

@USMC_PackFan

@tntitans4life17

@honolulu2786

@One Punch Man

@winitall

@Bigbear72

@chisoxguy7

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

@Bigbear72

What i liked: Getting Barkley to start and Wentz to follow is a strong 1-2 combo for both the short term and long. I'm a big believer in Juju even though he isn't a PPR guy but i think his potential is through the roof even if Big Ben's future is uncertain. Sony Michel and Ronald Jones are solid 5th/6th round picks considering their role is pretty good and are rookies too. Rivers is a solid #2 QB that has been steady for some time now. 

What i didnt like: Taking Tyreek Hill in round 3 i thought was a reach given that KC has 2 other good WRs and he isn't exactly a major PPR guy. I'm not a major believer in DJ Moore right now and have never been a big fan for MT. Not taking a 3rd QB is an interesting draft plan given Rivers' age

Overall: I think this team is built much better for the future than right now. 3 rookie RBs and several other very young players makes the sky the limit for this team but i think they might be a step behind in the 2018 season

@tntitans4life17

What I liked: Taking Zeke allows this team to have a legit Top-5 RB for possibly a decade. Taking Mr. Discount Double Check in round 2 was good since he should be the #1 fantasy QB for about 5 years at least if he is healthy. McKinnon is a great PPR back and still young so i think he was a steal in round 4. Jarvis Landry and Calvin Ridley make for good and young PPR WRs. Cousins was the last of the QBs not older than 30 that have Top-10 potential right now

What i didnt like: There is some concern at the same time that Zeke has had trouble so soon and spent a 2019 1st and 2nd to get him as well so it is a steep price if he isn't out of trouble. Corey Davis in round 3 is a major shot in the dark and a high one at that. I liked Davis in college but he did nothing his rookie season so i was shocked to see him go so early. I'm not sure OJ Howard will get the targets to be successful this year and may even be too good of a blocker for his own good. 

Overall: Love the WRs, strong 1-2 punch at RB and 2 really good QBs long-term. I think this team is made for both sides short/long term

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@Bigbear72

What i liked: Getting Barkley to start and Wentz to follow is a strong 1-2 combo for both the short term and long. I'm a big believer in Juju even though he isn't a PPR guy but i think his potential is through the roof even if Big Ben's future is uncertain. Sony Michel and Ronald Jones are solid 5th/6th round picks considering their role is pretty good and are rookies too. Rivers is a solid #2 QB that has been steady for some time now. 

What i didnt like: Taking Tyreek Hill in round 3 i thought was a reach given that KC has 2 other good WRs and he isn't exactly a major PPR guy. I'm not a major believer in DJ Moore right now and have never been a big fan for MT. Not taking a 3rd QB is an interesting draft plan given Rivers' age

Overall: I think this team is built much better for the future than right now. 3 rookie RBs and several other very young players makes the sky the limit for this team but i think they might be a step behind in the 2018 season

@JaguarCrazy2832 I think that this is a very fair analysis of my team and was the direction that I was shooting for when I entered the draft.  Just one thing.  I do have 3 QBs.

Edited by Bigbear72