The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

@honolulu2786

What I liked: AB is an absolute stud and will be the #1 WR to end the season and even if he is 30 and his QB might retire soon he is just too good to not take. I really liked getting Devonta Freeman. A 26 year old dual-threat, goaline carry-receiving bell cow goes in round 3? I dropped the ball on that one. Love the Guice pick and the value. While i was surprised by taking 3 QBs in 6-8 and while i dont like those 3 QBs separately, i think together they should formulate a strong enough trio for long enough to be good. Odds are I'm wrong about at least 1 of them anyways lol. Ajayi is a matter of opportunity. Round 9 for someone his age, skillset and in a contract year. I dont think Philly is a great spot for him but when he signs elsewhere he could be very good

What I didnt like:  Mike Evans is someone I knock for 2 parts, despite being ultra talented he is hard pressed to get catchable passes on a regular basis and also he isn't an ideal PPR guy. Like i said, I am not a big believer in any of these QBs long term but they are bound to be good as a unit. 

Overall: I think this team is built for both now and later. The starting lineup will be very strong if a 2nd RB emerges as a threat and Guice/Ajayi/Duke can be that in a PPR league and if any of the young QBs take their skillset to the next level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@honolulu2786

What I liked: AB is an absolute stud and will be the #1 WR to end the season and even if he is 30 and his QB might retire soon he is just too good to not take. I really liked getting Devonta Freeman. A 26 year old dual-threat, goaline carry-receiving bell cow goes in round 3? I dropped the ball on that one. Love the Guice pick and the value. While i was surprised by taking 3 QBs in 6-8 and while i dont like those 3 QBs separately, i think together they should formulate a strong enough trio for long enough to be good. Odds are I'm wrong about at least 1 of them anyways lol. Ajayi is a matter of opportunity. Round 9 for someone his age, skillset and in a contract year. I dont think Philly is a great spot for him but when he signs elsewhere he could be very good

What I didnt like:  Mike Evans is someone I knock for 2 parts, despite being ultra talented he is hard pressed to get catchable passes on a regular basis and also he isn't an ideal PPR guy. Like i said, I am not a big believer in any of these QBs long term but they are bound to be good as a unit. 

Overall: I think this team is built for both now and later. The starting lineup will be very strong if a 2nd RB emerges as a threat and Guice/Ajayi/Duke can be that in a PPR league and if any of the young QBs take their skillset to the next level.

I'm not big on my QBs either. Everytime I went to pull the trigger on selecting a QB they got snatched up, so I waited. And instead went back to back to back on 3 25ish middle of the roadish QBs, hoping at least one would put it all together. Went WRs early due to the value being too good at the position to pass on. Tried to stay away from rookies as much as possible, which isn't easy due to most of my research in the off-season is focused on them. Wanted a team that was all around that 23-26 yearold mark. A team that wouldn't have a screaming need next year, so I could have flexibility in the draft next year. As for Evans, I'm betting on talent, and worst case scenario his name will carry a steep trade price in any format. I find your assessment accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

@chisoxguy7

What I liked: I wasn't expecting it so early but a 1-2 punch in this type of league of Watson and Wilson is freakin sweet! Despite not being a big MT supporter, I love the A-Rob pick plus throw in Gordon too? Look out. Kerryon Johnson is easily my favorite RB pick here, he's talented young and doesn't have many guys in front of him. I regret letting him fall that far. 

What I didn't like: I'm not the biggest believer in Stefon Diggs. He isn't nearly as consistent as I'd like but he is young and has a young enough QB to improve. The whole RB situation is cause for concern. McCoy is on his last legs albeit a 6th round pick. Alex Collins isn't bad but he certainly isn't an ideal PPR guy either

Overall: This team is set up for the long-term in both the QB/WR department but there is much to be desired with the RBs even if McCoy has 1 more strong year in him. Can definitely still be a contender with those 6 starters plus the Vikings DST

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

My bad guys. I knew Mariota was a 50/50 on playing today but figured I'd make the move before the games if needed. I had a company golf outing today that I had forgotten about till late last night and completely whiffed on checking up on his status and subbing someone in. Won't happen again.

What are you talking about?

Edit Nevermind, I see it now

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, honolulu2786 said:

Wow, looking like a top pick will be coming my way in this league. Injuries to RBs and completely inept QB play has ruined this team. This might actually be a really tough one to build out of. Gotta a lot of work in front of me. 

Yeah man, the injuries to your RBs are unfortunate.  But your QB play though.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, USMC_PackFan said:

Yeah man, the injuries to your RBs are unfortunate.  But your QB play though.....

I was really hoping Mariota would have his best year yet in that offense. If I'm the bucs I'm riding Fitz out until he flops. Prescott is kinda what I expected though I was hopeful he could take a step in the right direction and he hasn't. I'm afraid it might be at least a couple rough years in this league, but building a team is probably where I get the most fulfillment out of dynasty. 

• Like 1