The SuperFlex Syndicate (Dynasty Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

On 9/25/2018 at 4:20 PM, honolulu2786 said:

Wow, looking like a top pick will be coming my way in this league. Injuries to RBs and completely inept QB play has ruined this team. This might actually be a really tough one to build out of. Gotta a lot of work in front of me. 

Yea my win-now mode at the expense of the future looks freakin terrible now lol No future and no win-now

Losing the last week by a yard may be a blessing though

• Like 1

Also I want to bring up something that concerns me for future drafts. With this being a SF league and QBs at a premium, I understand the math of a 10 person league and 3Qb limit. Everyone is gonna want to carry the max due to bye week filler and position value but what if you want to improve through the draft? I feel anyone that goes into the draft with 2 QBs on roster is telegraphing their move. I get that we don't want anyone hoarding QBs. Kind of a rock and a hard place. Any ideas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

Also I want to bring up something that concerns me for future drafts. With this being a SF league and QBs at a premium, I understand the math of a 10 person league and 3Qb limit. Everyone is gonna want to carry the max due to bye week filler and position value but what if you want to improve through the draft? I feel anyone that goes into the draft with 2 QBs on roster is telegraphing their move. I get that we don't want anyone hoarding QBs. Kind of a rock and a hard place. Any ideas?

I’m fine with increasing the limit to 4 especially since some QBs might take time to develop. If everyone is aware of the rule change I’m fine with it but not gonna complain if it doesnt get changed

3 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

Was planning on bumping up the QB limit after year one.  Just wanted to make sure everyone got their far share of decent QBs during the draft process.  Bumping it to 4 like @JaguarCrazy2832 seems like best way to go.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that we didn't have to drop anybody until after the draft, something more like real life with expanded rosters during the offseason. Is that not accurate? Do we have to actually "sign" everyone we draft?

I'm not opposed to anything, I just assumed b/c we were going for a true dynasty league.

Edited by nagahide13
b/c

9 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I was under the impression that we didn't have to drop anybody until after the draft, something more like real life with expanded rosters during the offseason. Is that not accurate? Do we have to actually "sign" everyone we draft?

I'm not opposed to anything, I just assumed b/c we were going for a true dynasty league.

We won't have to have our keepers set until July/August time frame.  Pretty much the same as all the other dynasty leagues around here.

Just considering raising the QB roster limit to 4 instead of 3, which would allow everyone the opportunity to have a young/developmental prospect on the roster.

The 12 man keeper limit would remain the same though.

2 hours ago, USMC_PackFan said:

We won't have to have our keepers set until July/August time frame.  Pretty much the same as all the other dynasty leagues around here.

Just considering raising the QB roster limit to 4 instead of 3, which would allow everyone the opportunity to have a young/developmental prospect on the roster.

The 12 man keeper limit would remain the same though.

Gotcha. I'd be down to add another QB. I'd probably be down to add more bench spots in general.

That should assuage any concerns about telegraphing draft plans too. If we can carry our entire roster through the draft, nothing is telegraphed at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...