Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

1. I never said we didn't need depth. I think though we are in a position where we don't need to spend a plus pick to get a starting caliber guy (especially with the holes on the edge and potential OL deficiencies). One of Lowry/Daniels/Wilk will be resigned. We'll be rolling with Clark, Adams, (signed guy), probably a stop gap Dial caliber DL, development depth (a 4th-6th rounder). On a roster that only needs 6 DL max, that pretty much fills it out.

As we currently are, I agree, we don't need more help along the DL right now... but if we lose two of those three guys then we will because then there is no talented depth...

I think DL injuries have killed the Packers in 2003? and 2007? ... when the DL was doing amazing and no one thought it could be stopped... then one of two injuries and the DL when from very good to horrible, in 2007 with Corey Williams being a sack master on 3rd down with Kampman and KGB on the edges. Well one or two injuries and Williams had to start, and wore out and the line become horrible and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. It's not all about starters, but talented depth to rotate in to keep everyone fresh and be ready and available to step up in case of injuries.

Especially if Pettine is going to be playing 3-3 nickel defense with Wilkerson playing the edge role at times.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you imagine being a Saints fan right now?  No first, no Third in this coming draft?  Their future is so bleak.  I would be so depressed right now.  

This team is not talented enough to go without a first or third in next year's draft, and it doesn't even have the cap space to compensate.

Saints about to go back to a cellar dweller in two years.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Could you imagine being a Saints fan right now?  No first, no Third in this coming draft?  Their future is so bleak.  I would be so depressed right now.  

This team is not talented enough to go without a first or third in next year's draft, and it doesn't even have the cap space to compensate.

Saints about to go back to a cellar dweller in two years.

I actually put money on the Saints winning just 5 games this year. Why ? Because I wanted the Packers to get a good pick............ and also because Brees is 39 with an arm that can no longer hold up all season, along with an old body that could get injured anytime. A 2019 pick (from the Saints) in the high single figures, would be so sweet for the Packers. Even if I just miss out on a payout (exactly 5 wins), if it's close, it will still be a good thing.

Archived