Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

16 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Did people really think the Saints were going to fall on their face, or worse yet, bank their emotions on it ? 

I never expected it to be higher than a 26 and I'm sure Gute expected about the same

I said as much back on page 3 of this thread (May 20).  I never expected a drop-off from this team, and while something tragic could happen that would derail their season, I’m still standing by my comments five months ago:

On 5/20/2018 at 11:35 AM, Sasquatch said:

I know it’s popular to want to hope/believe that the Saints are going to somehow tank this season, or finish somewhere in the middle to bottom half of the league, and while that may happen for whatever strange reason, I’m not counting on it.  Unless Brees goes down like Rodgers did last season, I’m not expecting any drop-off in performance.  They have enough talent on their roster to be very competitive in the NFC.  It’s ok to hope for the worst I guess.

7 hours ago, cannondale said:

Did people really think the Saints were going to fall on their face, or worse yet, bank their emotions on it ? 

I never expected it to be higher than a 26 and I'm sure Gute expected about the same

Ha, yes people really thought and predicted this....absent a few major injuries this pick was always going to be mid-20s at best. The Saints are a solid team that is well coached. 

9 hours ago, cannondale said:

Did people really think the Saints were going to fall on their face, or worse yet, bank their emotions on it? I never expected it to be higher than a 26 and I'm sure Gute expected about the same

I dont think anybody realistically thought they'd fall flat on their face......after all, they were a "hail mary-like" pass reception from the NFCCG.

Archived