Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

1 minute ago, Leader said:

They do seem to be going for it don't they?
Not sure Apple's all that.....but apparently they do.

That may be one less suitor for Patrick Peterson.  We might not desperately need a cornerback, but when you get a chance to add a true #1 cb I think you have to seriously look into it.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That may be one less suitor for Patrick Peterson.  We might not desperately need a cornerback, but when you get a chance to add a true #1 cb I think you have to seriously look into it.  

Can he swap out for Brice.....like this weekend? :)

7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

The Saints just acquired CB Eli Apple, 10th overall pick in 2016, from the Giants.

And college teammate of CB Marshon Lattimore and S Vonn Bell.

Maybe the change of scenery will do wonders for Apple.

Saints are not playing around, that is for sure.

PP had a big hand in mentoring Mathieu and helping him become the pro he is today. Even if bringing in PP makes us overloaded at DB, I think his leadership alone could make it a worthwhile acquisition. I am not sure how he would work as a FS, but him leading these young bucks we have at CB from the Center Field spot would be awesome to see.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

And college teammate of CB Marshon Lattimore and S Vonn Bell.

Maybe the change of scenery will do wonders for Apple.

Saints are not playing around, that is for sure.

I had hopes early on that they would underachieve this season .. seems they are all in, and it's looking like a really strong football team.  They are a legit SB contender in my opinion, so expect the pick to be late 20's /early 30's.  Sucks, but oh well.  I'd still probably look to package our two 1st's and get the best pass rusher we can get.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

PP had a big hand in mentoring Mathieu and helping him become the pro he is today. Even if bringing in PP makes us overloaded at DB, I think his leadership alone could make it a worthwhile acquisition. I am not sure how he would work as a FS, but him leading these young bucks we have at CB from the Center Field spot would be awesome to see.

You play Peterson at corner, and move someone like Tramon to safety.

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You play Peterson at corner, and move someone like Tramon to safety.

That was my initial thought. But my scenario was King, Jackson, and Alexander as the CBs. Peterson and Haha as the Safeties. But your way is probably the smarter setup. I just hate taking one of the rookies off the field.

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I had hopes early on that they would underachieve this season .. seems they are all in, and it's looking like a really strong football team.  They are a legit SB contender in my opinion, so expect the pick to be late 20's /early 30's.  Sucks, but oh well.  I'd still probably look to package our two 1st's and get the best pass rusher we can get.

I honestly can't think of anyone I'd give two first round picks for besides Von Miller or Aaron Donald.

29 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

That was my initial thought. But my scenario was King, Jackson, and Alexander as the CBs. Peterson and Haha as the Safeties. But your way is probably the smarter setup. I just hate taking one of the rookies off the field.

So you send an abundance of picks to acquire a talent whose value is based off his ability to completely shut down one side of the field and you take him out of that position and move him to S? Yeah, no thanks. If we get Peterson he needs to be shadowing #1's he needs to be for Pettine what Revis was.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

So you send an abundance of picks to acquire a talent whose value is based off his ability to completely shut down one side of the field and you take him out of that position and move him to S? Yeah, no thanks. If we get Peterson he needs to be shadowing #1's he needs to be for Pettine what Revis was.

Peterson principle

Archived