Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

This thread can die now.  It's officially a 24-32 pick, and that's okay.  We managed to get by with just one of these high picks for a long time under Thompson.  I'd love for us to use our second, third and/or fourth round picks to move up with one of the first round picks.  I feel like 12-18 is still a very valuable range in the first round, and I feel like we can move up there with the Saints first round pick plus a combination of our second, third and fourth round picks.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This thread can die now.  It's officially a 24-32 pick, and that's okay.  We managed to get by with just one of these high picks for a long time under Thompson.  I'd love for us to use our second, third and/or fourth round picks to move up with one of the first round picks.  I feel like 12-18 is still a very valuable range in the first round, and I feel like we can move up there with the Saints first round pick plus a combination of our second, third and fourth round picks.

yup. Ah well, I can't say that I'm not thrilled with Jaire. Davenport obviously looks great too, but this upcoming edge class should give us great value. Hopefully we can add a FA edge too, we need to refresh that position. Perry for 1 more year, FA, draft pick, Gilbert, Fackrell would be a good step next year. (Unless we trade for someone today/tomorrow)

19 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

yup. Ah well, I can't say that I'm not thrilled with Jaire. Davenport obviously looks great too, but this upcoming edge class should give us great value. Hopefully we can add a FA edge too, we need to refresh that position. Perry for 1 more year, FA, draft pick, Gilbert, Fackrell would be a good step next year. (Unless we trade for someone today/tomorrow)

Yeah .. lots of good players last year ... maybe we should have been parting with our #1 in 2019 to get another player from this past class.  Love Jaire .. dude can ball.  I wonder how the 2019 class compares to the 2018 class?

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. lots of good players last year ... maybe we should have been parting with our #1 in 2019 to get another player from this past class.  Love Jaire .. dude can ball.  I wonder how the 2019 class compares to the 2018 class?

For pass rushers 2019 looks  better.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

More EDGE in the first round, which is perfect. We are in a good spot with 2 of them. 

Don't know why people keep acting like Davenport is on the same level as Alexander honestly.  We got the better player.  Davenport has been really hot or cold.  Seems to have situational pass rusher in his future, not top starter quality.  He got two sacks last night and that suddenly makes up for his two previous sacks in six previous games? 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't know why people keep acting like Davenport is on the same level as Alexander honestly.  We got the better player.  Davenport has been really hot or cold.  Seems to have situational pass rusher in his future, not top starter quality.  He got two sacks last night and that suddenly makes up for his two previous sacks in six previous games? 

Its not even halfway through their rookie seasons. So obviously not ready to say who for the better player. I like both players (Jaire more so far) and quite frankly wish Davenport somehow played for the Packers too.

57 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not even sure how you can make that distinction when we have no idea how this draft class is going to shake up.

Archived