Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

The EDGE class doesn't really drop off after the first round. I'd hang onto all three first and second round picks and address more needs on that defense. Plenty of talent along the OL in this draft as well and we all know certain skill positions will fly up the boards about a week or two before the draft. I have a very good feeling about whoever our additionally first will be.

17 hours ago, Joe said:

The EDGE class doesn't really drop off after the first round. I'd hang onto all three first and second round picks and address more needs on that defense. Plenty of talent along the OL in this draft as well and we all know certain skill positions will fly up the boards about a week or two before the draft. I have a very good feeling about whoever our additionally first will be.

I'd suggest you go back and look at previous draft classes, and realize that the EDGE class dries up quick.

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Edge rusher Marcus Davenport has 4 sacks this year
Amazingly enough, so does Kyler Fackrell

Fackrell is really growing on me.  It started when he started kinda trolling the Packer fan base after every sack.  I think he must be finally getting some edge to his personality.  I think he stopped saying thank you to every OL that successfully blocked him, too.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Fackrell is really growing on me.  It started when he started kinda trolling the Packer fan base after every sack.  I think he must be finally getting some edge to his personality.  I think he stopped saying thank you to every OL that successfully blocked him, too.

Maybe there's some weird body-switch thing going on and Perry is really Fackrell and Fackrell is really Perry...

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, he totally isn't the long term answer at EDGE,  but starting to think he can be a complimentary player.

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Just throwing this out there...because of this newly found attitude on Fackrell, can we change his name from Kyler Fackrell to Killer Fackrell?

Just now, vegas492 said:

Just throwing this out there...because of this newly found attitude on Fackrell, can we change his name from Kyler Fackrell to Killer Fackrell?

He's stopped thanking offensive linemen for blocking him successfully.  It's a step in the right direction, but we can't go calling him killer until he stops apologizing to each quarterback he sacks. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

He's stopped thanking offensive linemen for blocking him successfully.  It's a step in the right direction, but we can't go calling him killer until he stops apologizing to each quarterback he sacks. 

But don't you get a penalty for impolite sacks?

That Mark Ingram fumble is where it starts.

Saints fight hard, but lose to the Rams.  The Bengals surprise them in Cincinnati.  Eagles get into their groove and beat the Saints.  Panic sets in.  Falcons get their revenge in a high scoring game.  Cowboys are undefeated at home with the #2 scoring defense, and they stop the Saints.  Fitzmagic strikes again in Tampa Bay.  Panthers crush the Saints spirit completely, Steelers win to clinch their division, Panthers defeat the Saints in a meaningless game for both teams.

Saints 6-10.  Top 10 pick. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That Mark Ingram fumble is where it starts.

Saints fight hard, but lose to the Rams.  The Bengals surprise them in Cincinnati.  Eagles get into their groove and beat the Saints.  Panic sets in.  Falcons get their revenge in a high scoring game.  Cowboys are undefeated at home with the #2 scoring defense, and they stop the Saints.  Fitzmagic strikes again in Tampa Bay.  Panthers crush the Saints spirit completely, Steelers win to clinch their division, Panthers defeat the Saints in a meaningless game for both teams.

Saints 6-10.  Top 10 pick. 

Rams just got screwed. Hekker made that easily.....terrible spot.

Archived