pacman5252

Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Holy Mackerell, don't be so tough on Fackerell.

He's not horrible, a JAG though

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

1. I never said we didn't need depth. I think though we are in a position where we don't need to spend a plus pick to get a starting caliber guy (especially with the holes on the edge and potential OL deficiencies). One of Lowry/Daniels/Wilk will be resigned. We'll be rolling with Clark, Adams, (signed guy), probably a stop gap Dial caliber DL, development depth (a 4th-6th rounder). On a roster that only needs 6 DL max, that pretty much fills it out.

As we currently are, I agree, we don't need more help along the DL right now... but if we lose two of those three guys then we will because then there is no talented depth...

I think DL injuries have killed the Packers in 2003? and 2007? ... when the DL was doing amazing and no one thought it could be stopped... then one of two injuries and the DL when from very good to horrible, in 2007 with Corey Williams being a sack master on 3rd down with Kampman and KGB on the edges. Well one or two injuries and Williams had to start, and wore out and the line become horrible and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. It's not all about starters, but talented depth to rotate in to keep everyone fresh and be ready and available to step up in case of injuries.

Especially if Pettine is going to be playing 3-3 nickel defense with Wilkerson playing the edge role at times.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, Outpost31 said:

How many years before Favre retired did we draft Rodgers? ;)

2, but Farve retired 10 times, so which time are you talking about?

35 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

But Farve retired 10 times, so which time are you talking about?

Ha! :)