First preseason game (vs. Redskins)

sp6488

Random musings following first TD:

- interesting to see White get the early PR chances and have his number called on the jet sweep

- nice to see Bowser cover in the flats

- OL getting a good push, maxx Williams had a really nice pull block as well

- with the exception of the big run by West, neither of the RBs have looked very sudden when taking the ball. Not just focusing on results, rather how hard/fast they hit the hole 

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

I've read both Urban and Hill have been good in training camp thus far too so at least it's carrying over into the preseason games. Not that the latter means much of course.

Yea. I think the bigger takeaway than any specific results is that our D has looked meaner and badder than the skins in all respects. A bit of the swagger seems to be back. 

Overall results are near meaningless, but still something to be said for individuals shining IMO. 

- I was pleasantly surprised that the makeshift "1st string" interior OL performed as well as they did
- Mallet sucks, but thats nothing new
- Despite the fact that the OL seemed to have done a sufficient job in the running game, the RBs haven't exactly taken advantage of it
- Bowser, Urban & Jaylen Hill all making themselves known
- Didn't really notice Correa - which I guess is nether good nor bad

21 minutes ago, drd23 said:

- I was pleasantly surprised that the makeshift "1st string" interior OL performed as well as they did
- Despite the fact that the OL seemed to have done a sufficient job in the running game, the RBs haven't exactly taken advantage of it

Wasn't in the game very much, but he did have a nice play on the 4th down attempt (rush) by the Skins.

Reynolds and White have a good battle going for the PR spot.  It's telling that White got all of the first half attempts, but Reynolds looked really good in his long return (to which White immediately responded with a TD catch).  It's clear the coaching staff is giving White as many opportunities as possible.  

I'm thinking that it may be a three-man race for two spots between Reynolds, White and Donnell (TE).

24 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Allen looked better, particularly as a receiver, as the game went on, but this is what I was getting at with my "suddeness" comment.

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

While its harder to judge given he was playing against 3rd stringers, Woodrum looked better out there than Mallett did

He deserves to be the first to take snaps following Mallett at the very least.

Archived