Jump to content
sp6488

First preseason game (vs. Redskins)

23 posts in this topic

sp6488    8
1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Gotta love that coach speak ¬¬

It's meaningless, but there's no reason to be bothered by it IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wackywabbit    12

Notes:

Ryan Mallet is irredeemably awful

Brent Urban is disruptive

Harbs is biased towards Reynolds and he did have the best return, but Tim White got most of the early opportunities as a returner FWIW

Good luck to anyone trying to run up the middle against Williams and Pierce

Levine at ILB a lot early, he's a good blitzer so I like it on passing downs. Correa wasn't on the field a ton which is weird given how used we are to the 2 ILB locked in

Bowser strong in coverage 

Campanaro getting open and didn't get hurt yet

I don't really like the vet backs, even though West had a good run... losing Dixon was the biggest hit we've taken this offseason, and that says a lot because I really like Tavon Young

Jaylen Hill showing up, also got beat once or twice, but a good game for him

Tim Williams couldn't make a big play, and set a poor edge a couple times... not slowing the hype yet though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drd23    9
1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

It's meaningless, but there's no reason to be bothered by it IMO.

Oh I know, I just wish he'd call a spade and spade once in a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danand    5

I am looking forward to seeing the game this weekend. Just from the highlights I noticed Urban, Levine, #43, White and Reynolds, which from the comments in this thread makes me think Hill wears number 43?

If Correa doesn't stand our as the second inside linebacker, and we don't have enough trust in Onwuasor, then maybe Pees will play more nickel defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sp6488    8
9 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Notes:

Harbs is biased towards Reynolds and he did have the best return, but Tim White got most of the early opportunities as a returner FWIW

White getting all of the first half opportunities (IIRC) contradicts your first claim a bit, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sp6488    8
7 hours ago, Danand said:

I am looking forward to seeing the game this weekend. Just from the highlights I noticed Urban, Levine, #43, White and Reynolds, which from the comments in this thread makes me think Hill wears number 43?

If Correa doesn't stand our as the second inside linebacker, and we don't have enough trust in Onwuasor, then maybe Pees will play more nickel defense?

Yep, good inference :)

not a ton of tape on onwuasor or correa, but both looked good. Hard to really come up with too many negative defensive performances on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wackywabbit    12
41 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

White getting all of the first half opportunities (IIRC) contradicts your first claim a bit, no?

Yes, that's fair, I guess. Harbs' face when Reynolds broke one, though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coordinator0    11

For what it's worth Pees has used less LB-heavy looks in preseason before. Yet when the regular season comes it's straight back to his vanilla base/nickel packages. Maybe that's his way of fooling opposing teams early in the year... :D :(

Anyways, I'm not reading anything into that at all. We've already been burned too many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×