WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

@jrry32 Al Horford and Gordon Hayward are not in the same stratosphere as Kevin Durant. And they joined the Celtics, a middling team, not the GOAT team. The Celtics, as much as I hate them, are nothing like the Warriors in terms of how they came to be. I'm really not all that salty about Curry/Thompson/Draymond. They drafted those guys. And Iguodala is not a big name FA. They had a great squad. And then a top 3 NBA player decided to leave his team high and dry to go join a 73 win team. A 73 win team that he blew a 3-1 lead to in the WCF.

There is really no justification for what Durant did. It was snake-like. Nobody is beating this ridiculously stacked team with 4 legitimate SUPERSTARS on it. They have like 4 of the top 25-30 players on their roster. I don't understand how anyone expects to beat this nonsensical team. The NBA is going to be rough to watch for the next few years because of how hilariously stacked the Warriors are. There are some other great supersquads out there, but Durant going to GS made it impossible for anyone else to win. No1 is beating that team until they fall out of their primes (4-5 years away at least).

Just now, jrry32 said:

Draymond is a respected leader on that team. He would not be a problem on a young team. And he'd still be one of the best defensive players in basketball who is capable of running the offense. He's a valuable player on any team. Every single team in the NBA could use a player like him on both sides of the court. I laugh when people call Draymond overrated. This is the perfect example of how underrated he is.

Yeah I hope Draymond tears his ACL and they have to amputate both of his legs because I loathe him, but he's a stud. He wouldn't score nearly as much on another team, but he's the master of sprinkling in a little bit of everything. He's an amazing matchup piece to have on your roster for both offense and defense. He's underrated, but I wouldn't shell out a max contract for him if I didn't already have a Batman & Robin on the roster.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

@jrry32 Al Horford and Gordon Hayward are not in the same stratosphere as Kevin Durant. And they joined the Celtics, a middling team, not the GOAT team. The Celtics, as much as I hate them, are nothing like the Warriors in terms of how they came to be. I'm really not all that salty about Curry/Thompson/Draymond. They drafted those guys. And Iguodala is not a big name FA. They had a great squad. And then a top 3 NBA player decided to leave his team high and dry to go join a 73 win team. A 73 win team that he blew a 3-1 lead to in the WCF.

There is really no justification for what Durant did. It was snake-like. Nobody is beating this ridiculously stacked team with 4 legitimate SUPERSTARS on it. They have like 4 of the top 25-30 players on their roster. I don't understand how anyone expects to beat this nonsensical team. The NBA is going to be rough to watch for the next few years because of how hilariously stacked the Warriors are. There are some other great supersquads out there, but Durant going to GS made it impossible for anyone else to win. No1 is beating that team until they fall out of their primes (4-5 years away at least).

There are many justifications for what Durant did. Durant doesn't owe anyone else anything. He made the right move for his career. There was nothing "snake-like" about it. He went into FA and chose a team.

If Tatum and Brown continue to improve, Boston will be able to compete with GS if they stay healthy. And Boston has built an extremely strong team the same way GS did. I'm tired of hearing the whining about Durant. 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I hope Draymond tears his ACL and they have to amputate both of his legs because I loathe him, but he's a stud. He wouldn't score nearly as much on another team, but he's the master of sprinkling in a little bit of everything. He's an amazing matchup piece to have on your roster for both offense and defense. He's underrated, but I wouldn't shell out a max contract for him if I didn't already have a Batman & Robin on the roster.

I think he'd actually score more on another team. I'd shell out a max contract for him. He's better than a lot of other guys in the NBA on max contracts.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

There are many justifications for what Durant did. Durant doesn't owe anyone else anything. He made the right move for his career. There was nothing "snake-like" about it. He went into FA and chose a team.

You are arguing it wasn't a biznitch move on his part? Professionally anyone joining a 73 win team makes sense. But it makes you look like a ho azz chump when you leave a great team to join the GOAT team that you choked against a few months earlier. It shows me a lack of pride.

If Tatum and Brown continue to improve, Boston will be able to compete with GS if they stay healthy. And Boston has built an extremely strong team the same way GS did.

They're going to be amazing, but they aren't competing with GS in a 7-game Finals series.

I'm tired of hearing the whining about Durant. 

No1's whining about it. I'm stating that what he did was MUCH different than what any FA has ever done. It's not really GS's fault that the rules allowed them to get Durant, but no move ever threw the NBA into "welp it's over for everyone else now" mode quite like Durant's move.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think he'd actually score more on another team. I'd shell out a max contract for him. He's better than a lot of other guys in the NBA on max contracts.

No one ever guards him on Golden State. I don't think I've seen anyone get more uncontested 3 pointers than Draymond. If he were on the Nets, he'd be blanketed every single game. He's definitely better than like 50% of the dudes in the NBA on max contracts, but it doesn't mean I'd hand him one.

Only a few of them did he give 50% effort on. Could have been even worse if not for a few easy misses.

As for Draymond, who actually thinks he is great because of his scoring? Dude will still be the best and most versatile defender in the league regardless of where he plays and his high BBIQ isn't going anywhere either. Dubs weren't Dubs until this guy got to the starting line up which helped Steph take off as well. 

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Draymond is a respected leader on that team. He would not be a problem on a young team. And he'd still be one of the best defensive players in basketball who is capable of running the offense. He's a valuable player on any team. Every single team in the NBA could use a player like him on both sides of the court. I laugh when people call Draymond overrated. This is the perfect example of how underrated he is.

His importance on that team is underrated.  His impact is greatest than Klay but if both guys hit the market the same day Klay would be the one heavily sought after.  The Warriors want to extend Klay and are preparing for life after Green.  

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

JFC.

http://www.nba.com/suns/history/impact-tom-chambers-and-unrestricted-free-agency

All of those guys except maybe Robertson forced their way out. You were wrong. Own it.

Own nothing. Clearly you don't get it. "forcing" their way out by getting traded? vs leaving for free? Moses Malone DID not go to a championship level team until he got there. Dr J had his contract/rights sold to Philly from the ABA Nets. Kareem already won a chip with The Bucks. and so on blah blah blah. 

Just because there was NO FA, doesn't mean the top players were going to join with each other to GET RINGS. Think Bird and Magic or Jordan join each other to win more rings?? Maybe Bird plus Magic could have played together and caught Bill Russell and his 11 Rings. But they wouldn't. Karl Malone, Stockton would never join Jordan and the Bulls to get their long eluded title. Think Patrick Ewing Joins Larry Bird or Jordan and leaves NY, hell no. 

Durant leaving OKC after barely losing to GS was the biggest ***** move ever. Lebron leaving and then coming back and then leaving again possible will be the biggest ***** move ever.

Again, we're not talking about good players, we are talking about the top 2 players for the last 10 years or so and the face of the NBA bouncing to get their Ring/s.

BIG BIG difference.

13 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

His importance on that team is underrated.  His impact is greatest than Klay but if both guys hit the market the same day Klay would be the one heavily sought after.  The Warriors want to extend Klay and are preparing for life after Green.  

Klay is already willing to take a cap friendly extension the challenge will be getting Green for the next 5 seasons.

37 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No one ever guards him on Golden State. I don't think I've seen anyone get more uncontested 3 pointers than Draymond. If he were on the Nets, he'd be blanketed every single game. He's definitely better than like 50% of the dudes in the NBA on max contracts, but it doesn't mean I'd hand him one.

No one guards him because he's not a big threat as a scorer. He's a much bigger threat as a passer. Blanketing him isn't the best way to guard him. Just like blanketing Ben Simmons isn't the best way to guard him.

24 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Own nothing. Clearly you don't get it. "forcing" their way out by getting traded? vs leaving for free? Moses Malone DID not go to a championship level team until he got there. Dr J had his contract/rights sold to Philly from the ABA Nets. Kareem already won a chip with The Bucks. and so on blah blah blah. 

Just because there was NO FA, doesn't mean the top players were going to join with each other to GET RINGS. Think Bird and Magic or Jordan join each other to win more rings?? Maybe Bird plus Magic could have played together and caught Bill Russell and his 11 Rings. But they wouldn't. Karl Malone, Stockton would never join Jordan and the Bulls to get their long eluded title. Think Patrick Ewing Joins Larry Bird or Jordan and leaves NY, hell no. 

Durant leaving OKC after barely losing to GS was the biggest ***** move ever. Lebron leaving and then coming back and then leaving again possible will be the biggest ***** move ever.

Again, we're not talking about good players, we are talking about the top 2 players for the last 10 years or so and the face of the NBA bouncing to get their Ring/s.

BIG BIG difference.

Clearly I don't get it? You claimed that great players didn't leave teams during the 70s and 80s. You were dead wrong. Then, you moved the goal-posts to say that they didn't leave in FA. Thank you, Captain Obvious. They didn't have unrestricted FA back then.

P.S. Moses joined the 76ers when they were coming off a NBA Finals loss to the Lakers. Durant joined the Warriors when they were coming off a NBA Finals loss to the Cavs.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

This one is done.  That was the knockout blow for a team led by two stars with extremely fragile mental makeups.

I don't think so. Game 4 should be competitive. Rockets will attempt to play faster and move the ball a bit more, which will lead to the role players playing better. Doesn't mean it will be enough, but I don't see this team just laying down. 

Archived