WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

6 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

LeBron is soft, agreed. The other 2 points are stupid. Trying to compare two players showing loyalty to a franchise and helping bring them to greatness is completely irrelevant to KD joining the team that he crumbled against lol. 

They were loyal because the team was winning. By your logic, they shouldn't have allowed a dynasty to be made. They should have left for a greater challenge. Because if you choose the path of least resistance, you're soft.

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Bias homers will be bias homers. I love watching him play as well, unfortunately he made the weakest move in NBA history that has tarnished his greatness.

Well, this "bias homer" will get to enjoy watching KD play while you act all salty. And no, this move didn't tarnish his greatness. It'll end up being a net positive for his legacy. In 10-15 years, the salty people will have moved on or will be ignored.

Just now, jrry32 said:

They were loyal because the team was winning. By your logic, they shouldn't have allowed a dynasty to be made. They should have left for a greater challenge. Because if you choose the path of least resistance, you're soft.

Well, this bias homer will get to enjoy watching KD play while you act all salty. And no, this move didn't tarnish his greatness. It'll end up being a net positive for his legacy. In 10-15 years, the salty people will have moved on or will be ignored.

OKC was winning too... It's not even the fact that he left really, he left to the team that came back down 3-1 and beat them. Largely because he started playing like turd. Thats WEAK.

I'm certainly enjoying watching the best team of all time play, its incredible basketball to watch. It doesn't mean KD isn't a punk biatch for running to the team that spanked him in the WCF. He's soft. I still enjoy watching GS play.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

While I agree to some level the hatred will die down, the constant media attention and 100% worldwide coverage that the NBA now gets will make it completely different than anything that happened before 2000.  Durant ultimately made the right decision when it comes to his legacy as there's no way he ends up outside the top 20 all-time (barring horrible injury luck going forward) because of the multiple titles the Warriors will inevitably win, but there's no way those circumstances are completely forgotten.

Kareem left for his reasons and most people seemed to respect it, but plenty still hold Wilt Chamberlain's antics against him.

As a casual fan, I have no idea what Wilt's antics were, and I don't particularly care (short of him Darren Sharpering women in his free time).

I don’t think it’s good basketball to watch. It’s like watching someone play on rookie mode constantly. It’s fun for a game (or even a year) but now it’s old. Honestly ruins the sport a bit. Sports tend to be more exciting when you have a large group of teams that can win it all. Once we get into this super team nonsense, it makes it incredibly boring to watch for about 3/4 of the league. 

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

OKC was winning too... It's not even the fact that he left really, he left to the team that came back down 3-1 and beat them. Largely because he started playing like turd. Thats WEAK.

I'm certainly enjoying watching the best team of all time play, its incredible basketball to watch. It doesn't mean KD isn't a punk biatch for running to the team that spanked him in the WCF. He's soft. I still enjoy watching GS play.

OKC wasn't going to win a championship. He was being held back there. He chose the best situation. He's a smart man. Hate him or love him, he's getting everything he wanted. The whiners can whine while KD gets himself another ring.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

OKC wasn't going to win a championship. He was being held back there. He chose the best situation. He's a smart man. Hate him or love him, he's getting everything he wanted. The whiners can whine while KD gets himself another ring.

I mean, they easily could've if KD doesn't go ghost mode against Golden State...So you can't say that.

7 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I mean, they easily could've if KD doesn't go ghost mode against Golden State...So you can't say that.

Or if Klay didn't go absurdly bonkers in game six. They were so close. 

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

he's not getting everything he wanted though, tbh. you can see his saltiness on the simmons pod about how everyone views it. might not matter 15 years from now, but we'll see 

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

he's not getting everything he wanted though, tbh. you can see his saltiness on the simmons pod about how everyone views it. might not matter 15 years from now, but we'll see 

He's also made several comments about not being happy that he took a pay cut. I don't see him doing that again.

31 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

32.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 3.3 APG, 1.3 STLPG, and 1.7 BLKPG over in the final 3 games of that series. Yea, he was quite invisible.

22 minutes ago, champ11 said:

We'll see what happens this off-season. If it bothers him that much, he'll move on.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

32.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 3.3 APG, 1.3 STLPG, and 1.7 BLKPG over in the final 3 games of that series. Yea, he was quite invisible.

We'll see what happens this off-season. If it bothers him that much, he'll move on.

marcus thompson on zach harpers podcast today said that KD wants to be viewed as the best player in the nba. nobody is having that conversation bc of his move to GS. we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

lol please. 3 of his last 4 games had these shooting lines

33/20/90
38/28/100
32/12/80

He was bad.

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, this "bias homer" will get to enjoy watching KD play while you act all salty. And no, this move didn't tarnish his greatness. It'll end up being a net positive for his legacy. In 10-15 years, the salty people will have moved on or will be ignored.

You clearly aren't understanding. Let me break it down for you Barney style.

I too, "get to enjoy watching KD play." What I don't enjoy, is a juggernaut of a team that slaughters everything in it's path, because it removes any and all parody thus making these series' pointless to watch. Durant was the final piece in creating said juggernaut, and the context in which he joined and completed it makes him weak, soft, and sorry, and for me and many, many others, tarnishes his legacy. It has nothing to do with enjoying watching him play as an individual talent. If you don't comprehend that then there is no hope for you.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

You clearly aren't understanding. Let me break it down for you Barney style.

I too, "get to enjoy watching KD play." What I don't enjoy, is a juggernaut of a team that slaughters everything in it's path, because it removes any and all parody thus making these series' pointless to watch. Durant was the final piece in creating said juggernaut, and the context in which he joined and completed it makes him weak, soft, and sorry, and for me and many, many others, tarnishes his legacy. It has nothing to do with enjoying watching him play as an individual talent. If you don't comprehend that then there is no hope for you.

You clearly aren't understanding. You're upset about Durant's choice, so you call him names. It's weak, soft, sorry, and tarnishes your legacy. ;)

And I disagree entirely with you. There's plenty of parody. Read some of @ramssuperbowl99's posts. xD

Archived