WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

marcus thompson on zach harpers podcast today said that KD wants to be viewed as the best player in the nba. nobody is having that conversation bc of his move to GS. we'll see. 

As long as LeBron is playing like LeBron, KD would never get that credit.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

lol please. 3 of his last 4 games had these shooting lines

33/20/90
38/28/100
32/12/80

He was bad.

This shows how desperate you are to drag KD's name through the mud. Instead of using his lines from the final 3 games that they lost, you just cherry-picked and took a line from one of the games they won. Claiming that KD ghosted is laughable. I remember that series well. KD and Westbrook both played hero ball in the final few games, and that is part of what cost them the series. But their teammates not stepping up played a big role in it. And Westbrook was straight up atrocious in the fourth quarter of those games, which was the nail in the coffin.

KD got out of there because he knew he didn't have the support to win it all.

Dude I literally said 3 out of his last 4 games. He played like absolute dog turd in 3 out of the last 4 games. He was a huge reason, probably the main reason, they lost those games. He went total hero mode and stopped running the offense and just straight chucked.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You clearly aren't understanding. You're upset about Durant's choice, so you call him names. It's weak, soft, sorry, and tarnishes your legacy. ;)

And I disagree entirely with you. There's plenty of parody. Read some of @ramssuperbowl99's posts. xD

That's not name calling, it's describing his attributes. Name calling would be me calling him a moron, or an idiot, or a bum (which for the record, I don't consider him any of those things). You can't be a weak, you can't be a soft, and you can't be a sorry, that wouldn't make sense. So now tell me, who is the one that is truly not understanding ;)

There's really not, but I'll let you continue living in fairy tale land.

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That's not name calling, it's describing his attributes. Name calling would be me calling him a moron, or an idiot, or a bum (which for the record, I don't consider him any of those things). You can't be a weak, you can't be a soft, and you can't be a sorry, that wouldn't make sense. So now tell me, who is the one that is truly not understanding ;)

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . what?

There's really not, but I'll let you continue living in fairy tale land.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parody

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Durant and Westbrook both lost game 6. They we're up like 7 with 4 minutes left and both threw up multiple bricks and had multiple turnovers.

Durant played poorly too down the stretch, but Westbrook turned it over 4 times in the final 1 minute and 40 seconds in that game (score was 101-101 at that point).

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

As long as LeBron is playing like LeBron, KD would never get that credit.

I disagree. KD outplayed Lebron in the finals and it would be more of a conversation if the warriors weren’t so much more stacked. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I disagree. KD outplayed Lebron in the finals and it would be more of a conversation if the warriors weren’t so much more stacked. 

But KD wouldn't have made the Finals without the Warriors.

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You guys are completely off with the Bogut injury. He was barely playing like 12 MPG and wasn't a big factor. In fact, even with a 3-1 lead, dude had a negative rating on the floor. The Cavs were outscoring the Dubs when he was on the floor. The reason the injury was big was because it forced Ezeli to play more minutes and that guy was absolute trash. Guy was getting taken advantage of left and right in the pick and roll and couldn't finish worth crap. Him and Barnes were just next level useless. 

Biggest swing in game 7 came off two plays directly against Ezeli. Dubs were up four and this guy bites on a pump fake on a LeBron three for no reason and LeBron makes all three FTs. Next possession down, dude is scared of fouling and backs up a bit and LeBron drills a three in his eye. Completely changes the entire game. 

Barnes was the biggest issue imo. The suspension hurt, badly, but Barnes had one of the worst series a player has ever had. Especially considering the (perceived) talent at the time. Just god awful. 

7 hours ago, John232 said:

Barnes was the biggest issue imo. The suspension hurt, badly, but Barnes had one of the worst series a player has ever had. Especially considering the (perceived) talent at the time. Just god awful. 

Barnes and Festus. Liabilities in the Finals two years ago. Bad memories. 

8 hours ago, John232 said:

Sure, but I just wanted to point out how bad Ezeli was. So yeah, the loss of Bogut wasn't big because of losing his presence, but it was big because it led to Ezeli playing more. 

I'm still not sure why the hell Ezeli was in the game at that point anyways. Didn't give them anything offensively and was directly responsible for six points that helped change the game. 

Just now, champ11 said:

Rockets are gonna win tonight 

They better or else you could get them broom sticks out.

Curious to see the adjustments they make. I expect them to double Durant in the post and trap both him and Curry on the perimeter when Looney/Iggy/Green set the screen. So it will put pressure on those three to make plays at the top of the key and make their open shots when the Rockets double Durant in the post. 

Rockets will still search out Curry and try to isolate him, but I'm guessing Harden doesn't isolate nearly as much today. But they aren't going to drastically change their offense or anything. How the Rockets shooters just stand on the perimeter without ever moving or cutting is baffling to me. The same with the Cavs. Like how much easier are you going to make it on the defense? 

36 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Rockets are gonna win tonight 

I don't think so.  I got the Warriors winning.  I think game one was the game the Rockets had to win.  The Warriors took James Harden's best shot and the Rockets still lost.  Plus, I don't really trust the mental toughness of Harden and Paul when they're back into a corner vs a foe that can actually beat them.

Archived