WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think so.  I got the Warriors winning.  I think game one was the game the Rockets had to win.  The Warriors took James Harden's best shot and the Rockets still lost.  Plus, I don't really trust the mental toughness of Harden and Paul when they're back into a corner vs a foe that can actually beat them.

I just think the Warriors wanted to come out and send a message in game 1 and they saw that the Rockets can't stick w them. I could see them taking it easy tonight like they sometimes do. Maybe they just love embarrassing CP3 so much that they stay locked in for 4 games though. I also could see Steph trying to go off since he was quiet. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I just think the Warriors wanted to come out and send a message in game 1 and they saw that the Rockets can't stick w them. I could see them taking it easy tonight like they sometimes do. Maybe they just love embarrassing CP3 so much that they stay locked in for 4 games though. I also could see Steph trying to go off since he was quiet. 

I see where you're coming from.  But this is the Western Conference Finals and there were plenty of people who predicted the Rockets would win the series or if the Warriors win the Rockets would take them to 7.  If the Warriors took this game lightly then I would be really disappointed in them.  I think they come out and try to win, so if Houston does win tonight they will take one of the best shots the Warriors can give them.  This is the Warriors chance to go for the throat, there's no time to take games lightly anymore.  I could see that in the first or second round, but this is showtime baby.

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Durant played poorly too down the stretch, but Westbrook turned it over 4 times in the final 1 minute and 40 seconds in that game (score was 101-101 at that point).

One of the turnovers were on Durant, but they gave it to Westbrook. He was just as bad as Westbrook, and even more so considering how poorly he shot to start the game. I remember Durant trying so hard to put the finishing touches on the series that he chucked it up every single time the ball came to him. If he just slowed down and played his game, it would have been a wrap. Klay's outburst wouldn't even have mattered since the Thunder would have been up like 20 at halftime. 

What a boss Klay is for that performance though. And then Spicy closed the deal at the end. 

The Warriors are not going to let up one iota on Houston with the Finals being the next step, Kerr can stomach 1 throw away against SA or NO (still not like it) and move on but this series and this team he will not allow it at all.

1 hour ago, billking said:

The Warriors are not going to let up one iota on Houston with the Finals being the next step, Kerr can stomach 1 throw away against SA or NO (still not like it) and move on but this series and this team he will not allow it at all.

Yeah, I remember reading just how pissed he was after those losses, I don't see it happening for a third straight series. I predict a double digit win again for the Dubs tonight.

1 hour ago, billking said:

I think they will be ready, but Houston may get hot from down town and win anyways. They didn't bring it against NO in game 3 and were sloppy as hell in game 4 vs SA. I don't expect that ot happen. If Houston wins, then they will have just out played the Dubs. 

Theres no doubt that Golden State is the better team, but there is also no doubt in my mind the rockets can win a game against them. They might not do it, but i dont buy into the narrative that the warriors are so much better that there is nothing Houston can do to steal a game. Ariza, Tucker and Paul were 3 for 14 from 3 in game 1. They can all do better than that. I credit the warriors D for keeping them in check, but this team can get hot and win a game. They cant get enough for 4 games, but they can for 1. 

The rockets can also play better on D. The defense on Durant was on point most of the night in game 1. He was just stroking contested shot after contested shot. There is nothing you can do about that. The rockets bench outscored the warriors bench. 

The warriors just made all the big plays, and hit the big shots and the rockets didnt. Harden had the best game of anyone in game 1. I am not sure he can follow that up with another, but if the rockets can ever get multiple players hot in the same game, they will win one. Missed 3s and lay ups lead to a lot of points for the warriors in transition. 

on the flip side, if the rockets struggle on D, Durant keeps hitting everything and Harden goes cold, this could be a huge blow out and a 4-0 sweep.

my gut tells me that the rockets come out strong tonight, the question is whether they can weather the 3rd quarter blitz they will be facing. 

if nothing else, at least the narrative that capela cant stay on the court has vanished. 

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

if nothing else, at least the narrative that capela cant stay on the court has vanished. 

Just because he was out there the majority of the game doesn't necessarily mean he should have been. I mean, it got so bad last game that you had him coming out to guard KD on the perimeter, just to try and negate his size advantage, and this wasn't even off of switches! Good effort, but KD is going to torch that matchup every time. And when the Warriors run their Hampton 5 lineup, Capela doesn't stand a chance trying to guard those guys in transition and outside the paint.

This isn't meant to disrespect Capela, just to say matchups matter and he does not match up well against the Warriors and what they like to do.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Just because he was out there the majority of the game doesn't necessarily mean he should have been. I mean, it got so bad last game that you had him coming out to guard KD on the perimeter, just to try and negate his size advantage, and this wasn't even off of switches! Good effort, but KD is going to torch that matchup every time. And when the Warriors run their Hampton 5 lineup, Capela doesn't stand a chance trying to guard those guys in transition and outside the paint.

This isn't meant to disrespect Capela, just to say matchups matter and he does not match up well against the Warriors and what they like to do.

Capela guards them as well as anyone else does. I'd keep him on the court for lobs and shot blocking.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Capela guards them as well as anyone else does. I'd keep him on the court for lobs and shot blocking.

Well, to be fair, part of that was because Ariza got in foul trouble early last game. The Rockets best lineup to try and combat Golden state is still Paul, Harden, Gordon, Ariza, Tucker. They just have to hope that they can actually catch fire from downtown to keep up with the Warriors scoring output and limit transition opportunities for the Dubs.

i hate people saying game 1 was a must win.  how the hell is game 1 different from 2?  tonight is a must win NOW because they lost game 1 but game 1 definitely wasnt a must win.  if they win tonight then we have a series.

Archived