WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Here are some facts about Warriors runs: The Warriors had outscored their opponent by more than 10 points in the third quarter 30 times this season, playoffs included. They had won all 30 games. Since their championship season in 2014-15, they’d outscored their opponent by at least 15 points in the third quarter 51 times. They had won all 51 games. And since that same season, they’d outscored opponents in a single quarter by 15 or more at home in 68 times. They had won all 68 games.

But you can add a one to the loss column for all those totals, because the Rockets looked death in the eye and lived.

Man, you have to give the Rockets some amazing props.  They showed more mental toughness last night than anyone could ever expect.

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lebron is definitely pulling for the Rockets. Deep down, he knows they cant beat the warriors and they have a chance against the Rockets. He's going to go nuts on the Celtics tonight to crush their dreams, all because the Rockets have energized him 

Agreed. Rockets in 6-7. Warriors in 5 vs CLE though.

Either way its a finals loss. No answer for Harden on defense. Hill and CP3 is a decent match-up.

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They didn't in game 4.  Good article on the Rockets' defensive adjustments.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/23/17383758/rockets-defense-warriors-game-4

but that is about offball screens, they are still switching PnRs. So yes, they stopped switching everything but the play that was asked about (Curry/KD PnR) would still be switched so it isn't in hte playbook for the Warriors.

22 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

but that is about offball screens, they are still switching PnRs. So yes, they stopped switching everything but the play that was asked about (Curry/KD PnR) would still be switched so it isn't in hte playbook for the Warriors.

Ah, true.  My bad guys.  Carry on.

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lebron is definitely pulling for the Rockets. Deep down, he knows they cant beat the warriors and they have a chance against the Rockets. He's going to go nuts on the Celtics tonight to crush their dreams, all because the Rockets have energized him 

That's fine. As long as his teammates crap the bed it's all good

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Im going to see Solo tonight, my blood pressure cant handle the oncoming Warriors onslaught. 

Really? I truly hate to admit this and hope I'm wrong but as a Warriors fan " I have a bad feeling about this".

53 minutes ago, billking said:

Really? I truly hate to admit this and hope I'm wrong but as a Warriors fan " I have a bad feeling about this".

well i was expecting a 4-0 sweep or at the very least for this to be game 5 down 3-1, and so we bought tickets a week or so ago and Ive got a group of friends that go to every star wars movie thursday night showing....so i am recording it, ill try to avoid spoilers, and probably catch up since the game starts at 8 and the movie at 7

1 hour ago, billking said:

I feel like I should be worried, but I'm not. We'll see. I just don't see Durant having back-to-back off nights.

Archived