WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Lebron should just fake his death! And come back next year! Is there a chance he plays with his son? How cool would that be 

Well, according to Jason Terry he should retire after this season lmao.

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah he is kinda fat huh

He got some unnecessary extra weight on him. Lose 10 pounds and don't get hurt every single year around this time.

Just now, lancerman said:

No sorry. You ruined the NBA. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird are spinning in their graves right now.

Nope. We are mostly home grown and have a winning culture where guys finally want to come to. Deal with it or keep crying.

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

They have 12 Finals meetings, the best Finals of the 80's was Celtics vs Lakers, two of the better Finals of the 2000's was Celtics vs Lakers. You had Wilt vs Russell, Bird vs Magic, and Kobe vs the Big 3. It also pretty much saved the NBA and made it a premier league in the 80's. It's not on par.

I'm not necessarily using number of appearances to equate one to another, though added meeting obviously add to the "rivalry" aspect. I was simply talking about entertainment as far as a Finals rivalry goes. That can obviously be subjective, but personally I enjoy watching this style of play MUCH more than the 80s, so for me this "rivalry" is starting to get up there in terms of those storied ones of the past. And I personally don't equate Kobe vs the Big 3 as part of the original rivalry, but even that isn't wasn't half as good as this Warriors-Cavs rivalry.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

I'm not necessarily using number of appearances to equate one to another, though added meeting obviously add to the "rivalry" aspect. I was simply talking about entertainment as far as a Finals rivalry goes. That can obviously be subjective, but personally I enjoy watching this style of play MUCH more than the 80s, so for me this "rivalry" is starting to get up there in terms of those storied ones of the past. And I personally don't equate Kobe vs the Big 3 as part of the original rivalry, but even that isn't wasn't half as good as this Warriors-Cavs rivalry.

Aside from 2 years ago both 2000's Celtics vs Lakers series were much more competitive.

Feel so sorry for CP3. One of the Worst feelings in the world where your needed but your helpless.

can the Warriors for once go a First Q not committing dumb turnover after dumb turnover? It is a testament to them that they can win despite playing well below their best. Houston obviously played some great defense in this series but some of it is self inflicted 

Heres a question, is anyone giving CP3 a max deal? I mean who, other than the Rockets, would have the space and be willing to do it?

CP3 already showed hes willing to take a pay cut. I wouldnt be surprised if he agrees to a 3 year 80 million deal, with a player option in year 3. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Aside from 2 years ago both 2000's Celtics vs Lakers series were much more competitive.

Yes, but not nearly as entertaining in terms of style of play. And in regards to the competitive aspect, that's why I prefaced my original statement by saying it's up to the Cavs to even up the series. Can they do it? I doubt it, but it would be great for the NBA if LeBron can pull it off.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I think LeBron finally looks human in these Finals.

Opposite I think. Dude is going to have some MONSTER games, especially with Iggy not going early on. I just hope Durant doesn't get in early foul trouble. 

I wonder if the Cavs elect to go with JR on KD and Bron on Thompson? 

Archived