WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt it. LeBron vs. the Warriors will draw plenty of casual fans.

Not for the fourth year in a row, it won't. 

The Rockets were my only hope. Now, barring a miraculous game 7, I won't be watching and I know plenty of others won't, either. 

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The hawks need to take Ryan ANderson and a 2019 1st round pick. He will help the tank and they have a cap floor to get to

Probably need to add more than that. No idea what the Rockets were thinking when they gave him that deal, straight up atrocious.

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Ariza was so mad at himself. Maybe he will feel so bad that he takes a big cut to stay with us. I think hes our only free agent. Id like him back for around 5 million per. 

Hahahaha. He ain't taking that cut. Rockets set themselves up for a one year run and they blewn it.

You guys need a team to bail you out this off-season and take Anderson's contract or you guys are stuck in purgatory. Capela is going to sign a max somewhere, Rockets will match and be stuck or let him walk and see what else they can figure out. Lose-Lose situation.

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Not for the fourth year in a row, it won't. 

The Rockets were my only hope. Now, barring a miraculous game 7, I won't be watching and I know plenty of others won't, either. 

And I wouldn't have watched if Houston won. But the casual fans are who matter. The star power will draw them in.

The hawks need to take Ryan ANderson and a 2019 1st round pick. He will help the tank and they have a cap floor to get to

It's their only hope for cap.

9 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Ha, I heard someone use that John Starks reference the other day too. Poor John Starks.

Stephen A. Smith referred to one or a few of the Celtics players with John Starks name.

Ariza was so mad at himself. Maybe he will feel so bad that he takes a big cut to stay with us. I think hes our only free agent. Id like him back for around 5 million per. 

Luc a Moute is a free agent and you never know with Chris Paul.

Best news of all though is that Gordon has some serious trade value. IF Lebron or Paul George decides to come here, we can get something nice for Gordon to send to a 3rd team for taking on Ryan Anderson. OUr pathway to cap space got a lot better. 

PAUL GEORGE  please come to Houston. We can beat the warriors if you come. 

Doubt Paul George is the answer and LeBron James seems too expensive unless something crazy happens like the Rockets trade Harden.

36 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Hahahaha. He ain't taking that cut. Rockets set themselves up for a one year run and they blewn it.

You guys need a team to bail you out this off-season and take Anderson's contract or you guys are stuck in purgatory. Capela is going to sign a max somewhere, Rockets will match and be stuck or let him walk and see what else they can figure out. Lose-Lose situation.

Also why are we assuming fatty Eric Gordon has big trade value tbh?

One thing the Rockets proved is they absolutely have a championship caliber defense. For much of the series they made it hard on the Warriors top scorers and had a great game plan. The offense failed them at the end, but really even then it was just missing a bunch of open threes. Granted, that does happen when you expend so much energy on the defensive end, you start to lose your legs. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

a 1 year run? Ariza is the only guy that might not be back.....

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

It's their only hope for cap.

Stephen A. Smith referred to one or a few of the Celtics players with John Starks name.

Luc a Moute is a free agent and you never know with Chris Paul.

Doubt Paul George is the answer and LeBron James seems too expensive unless something crazy happens like the Rockets trade Harden.

Trading Anderson doesnt really give us cap room, it just eases us in the luxury tax. 

Mbah A Moute did nothing for us in the playoffs and we were fine without him.

Chris Paul isnt getting a max offer anywhere else, so theres no way hes going to leave the best team hes ever been on

PG isnt coming to Houston but he would be better for the team than Lebron would. 

and you dont trade a happy MVP in his prime

Archived