WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

I wouldn't be too sure of CP3 not getting offered a max elsewhere. But man would I be hesitant giving a small PG a max contract at the age of 33.

So Eric Gordon said the Rockets win if CP3 doesn't get hurt, and Kerr says the Dubs end it in 5 if Iggy doesn't get hurt. 

Time to settle it next season.......................

I dont understand why the notion seems to be that the gap between the rockets and warriors is that big. Its not. The warriors were pushed to their limits in this series, and the rockets can bring the entire team back next year. there is no reason to believe that a healthy Rockets team cant push them again, and with a few lucky bounces beat them next year. The only person who might be leaving is Trevor Ariza. That will sting a little, but hes also getting up there in age. I dont see a team throwing 4 years and 40 million at him. Besides that, we can keep him if we want because we have his bird rights, and no cap room anyway. 

Ryan Anderson is a tough pill to swallow, but he can be sold to a team like the kings or Hawks that need to reach the cap floor, and could use additional picks. Or we keep Anderson and next off season he becomes a valuable expiring contract. I really think that we can flip him and some picks to Brooklyn for Demarre Carroll, who fits this team perfectly, save a little money and have a usable player. or we keep anderson and have a back up PF who hits 40% from 3. He wont be useful in a series against the warriors, but he can give us some depth in our quest for the 1 seed next year. 

I suspect we put enough fear in the warriors, that they will take the 1 seed more seriously next year. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

I dont understand why the notion seems to be that the gap between the rockets and warriors is that big. Its not. The warriors were pushed to their limits in this series

They tried for the 3rd quarter if the game was close and like 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. They still won. You even know this is true, which is why you wrote:

I suspect we put enough fear in the warriors, that they will take the 1 seed more seriously next year. 

All they have to do is actually try for like 30 of the 48 minutes and you have no chance.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't be too sure of CP3 not getting offered a max elsewhere. But man would I be hesitant giving a small PG a max contract at the age of 33.

So Eric Gordon said the Rockets win if CP3 doesn't get hurt, and Kerr says the Dubs end it in 5 if Iggy doesn't get hurt. 

Time to settle it next season.......................

they could both be right, i guess we will never know, but if your team with 4 potential HOFers is that dependent on the 5th man, something is wrong. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They tried for the 3rd quarter if the game was close and like 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. They still won. You even know this is true, which is why you wrote:

All they have to do is actually try for like 30 of the 48 minutes and you have no chance.

The rockets clearly wanted it more the entire series, the warriors just had the superior talent. I dont suspect a warriors team celebrating a 3rd title in 4 years is going to be more hungry than a rockets team who came within an inch of its first finals. 

they could both be right, i guess we will never know, but if your team with 4 potential HOFers is that dependent on the 5th man, something is wrong. 

I hate this argument. Having four HOFers also means you have a thin roster and need to rely on the only good bench players you have. And in this case Iggy was inserted in the starting line up. No Iggy meant playing guys who had no business giving more than a few minutes a game real time. It is a fact in both 4th quarters of games 4/5, the Rockets attacked the bigs of the Warriors who were forced to play with Iggy being out. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hate this argument. Having four HOFers also means you have a thin roster and need to rely on the only good bench players you have. And in this case Iggy was inserted in the starting line up. No Iggy meant playing guys who had no business giving more than a few minutes a game real time. It is a fact in both 4th quarters of games 4/5, the Rockets attacked the bigs of the Warriors who were forced to play with Iggy being out. 

it wasnt the warriors D that was the problem, they locked down the rockets. It was the warriors O that cost them games. I guess AI is a good playmaker and passer, but hes not a good shooter. Bell and Looney werent any worse than Ryan Anderson....

13 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

a 1 year run? Ariza is the only guy that might not be back.....

You think Houston matches Capela on a max? Chris Paul, Gerald Green, Joe Johnson, Trevor Ariza, Tarik Black, Luc Mbah a Moute are all free agents.

I think Chris Paul ends up back in Houston but he could certainly explore his options. Houstons losing a decent amount of depth and have no money to make any big moves. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

it wasnt the warriors D that was the problem, they locked down the rockets. It was the warriors O that cost them games. I guess AI is a good playmaker and passer, but hes not a good shooter. Bell and Looney werent any worse than Ryan Anderson....

First off, the defense while good, still would have been better with Iggy. The Rockets were struggling to score on Klay/Durant/Green and even Curry late in the series on switches, but got going against the bigs in the 4th quarter. And Iggy is a high IQ player that would have helped the offense far more than someone like Looney or even Cook. Iggy was a big loss whatever way you twist it. I mean there is a reason the team against the Rockets were 3-1 with Iggy playing, and 0-4 without him heading into games 6/7.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

You think Houston matches Capela on a max? Chris Paul, Gerald Green, Joe Johnson, Trevor Ariza, Tarik Black, Luc Mbah a Moute are all free agents.

I think Chris Paul ends up back in Houston but he could certainly explore his options. Houstons losing a decent amount of depth and have no money to make any big moves. 

houston will 100% match any offer on Capela, and will probably make the 1st offer so no one signs him and we have flexibility. 

Chris Paul is staying in Houston because there isnt a contender that can give him a max deal

Green, Johnson, Black, Mbah A Moute are all vet minimum back ups who can be replaced. 

Ariza is the only guy who can get a better offer that would be a blow to the team. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

First off, the defense while good, still would have been better with Iggy. The Rockets were struggling to score on Klay/Durant/Green and even Curry late in the series on switches, but got going against the bigs in the 4th quarter. And Iggy is a high IQ player that would have helped the offense far more than someone like Looney or even Cook. Iggy was a big loss whatever way you twist it. I mean there is a reason the team against the Rockets were 3-1 with Iggy playing, and 0-4 without him heading into games 6/7.

im not sure where you are getting 3-1 and 0-4 before games 6 and 7

im not sure where you are getting 3-1 and 0-4 before games 6 and 7

IIRC, they lost both games in the regular season against Houston without Iggy, and then lost games 4/5 without him. So they were 0-4 against Houston without Iggy heading into games 6/7 and were 3-1 with him (one win w/o Harden though). 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

IIRC, they lost both games in the regular season against Houston without Iggy, and then lost games 4/5 without him. So they were 0-4 against Houston without Iggy heading into games 6/7 and were 3-1 with him (one win w/o Harden though). 

oh i gotcha, you are counting regular season. I could say on the flip side to that, the rockets were 5-2 against the warriors this year when Harden and CP3 both played. You are basically arguing that the rockets at full health are better than the warriors without Iggy

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

of couse the numbers show in this series that the rockets scored a lot more points in the two games that Iggy played in. 

In that case, also shows the Warriors scored more points with Iggy than without him....In fact, they scored almost 17 points more with him than without him. 

Archived