WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

11 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Best news of all though is that Gordon has some serious trade value. IF Lebron or Paul George decides to come here, we can get something nice for Gordon to send to a 3rd team for taking on Ryan Anderson. OUr pathway to cap space got a lot better. 

PAUL GEORGE  please come to Houston. We can beat the warriors if you come. 

I get you're a Rockets fan and all, but please chill with the homerism.  Eric Gordon doesn't have "some serious trade value".  Best case scenario, you find a team whose willing to accept him as part of a salary dump with minimal (to no) incentives added.

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I get you're a Rockets fan and all, but please chill with the homerism.  Eric Gordon doesn't have "some serious trade value".  Best case scenario, you find a team whose willing to accept him as part of a salary dump with minimal (to no) incentives added.

Lou Williams got a 1st round pick and Eric Gordon is better than Lou Williams. Hes on a very solid contract as well. He's also proven to be the 3rd leading scorer on the 2nd best team in the league. He has trade value. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lou Williams got a 1st round pick and Eric Gordon is better than Lou Williams. Hes on a very solid contract as well. He's also proven to be the 3rd leading scorer on the 2nd best team in the league. He has trade value. 

I agree Gordon has value but about the same as Lou if not slightly more.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I agree Gordon has value but about the same as Lou if not slightly more.

hes worth a non lotto 1st to a playoff team. But we wont trade him unless a Lebron or PG comes. Rumor mill was that we had a chance to get Melo but it would have cost us Gordon and we said no. Gordon has more value to us than on the trade market, but we could get something other than a salary dump for him

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

First off, Eric Gordon's numbers this year are in line with his career averages.  So let's not pretend like he's having some amazing year.  He's due another $27.5M over the next two years.  And he's making $13.5M so if you're moving him to clear cap space, you're going to find a rather limited market.  Going by this LIST, all the teams with projected cap space are: Brooklyn, Chicago, Indiana, LA Lakers, Philadelphia, and Sacramento.  At this point, you can probably cross the Lakers and Sixers off that list since they're looking to tie up their money in franchise-level players, not Eric Gordon.  Brooklyn, Chicago, and Sacramento are all in the rebuilding phases, so they're probably more interested in getting assets in turn for eating salary.  That leaves Indiana.  I could see there being interest on Indiana's behalf.  But what are they giving up?  They're not giving up Victor Oladipo or Myles Turner.

But let's breakdown that Lou Williams comparison.  The Lakers dealt Lou Williams at the deadline to a Rockets' team for a bad contract (Corey Brewer) and a pick that was projected to be quite late (somewhere in that 25-30 range), which ended up being the 28th overall pick. Let's also not forget that Lou Williams made about half of what Eric Gordon is set to make next year.  If that's your idea of significant, no wonder you and I don't agree.

hes worth a non lotto 1st to a playoff team. But we wont trade him unless a Lebron or PG comes. Rumor mill was that we had a chance to get Melo but it would have cost us Gordon and we said no. Gordon has more value to us than on the trade market, but we could get something other than a salary dump for him

The Rockets aren't dealing him unless they're clearing cap space to sign LeBron, and which team exactly is going to give up their cap space for Eric Gordon AND give up an asset or two to do so?  Nobody is going to do that.  Eric Gordon is more valuable than Carmelo by virtue of not being on the albatross of a contract that Carmelo is.  It has little to do with whose the better player.

He's a neutral value at best.  You're not going to get cap space AND a notable asset or two for him.  You're going to be incredibly disappointed if you think that's the case.  And you're missing the fact that Lou Williams was an expiring contract (i.e. no future cap implications) and making about half of what Eric Gordon is set to make next year.

I thought I'd post something I found rather "interesting": 

I find it funny how all these no-calls came during the Warriors' "run" and the Rockets suddenly couldn't make a shot to save their life after being up by 12 when this happened.

The refs got paid by $ilver and/or Kerr.

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

No, he's not.

The team was killing on two point attempts and driving to the basket.  His coaching philosophy of just shooting the ball as fast as possible and jacking up an arse ton of 3's was stupid as hell last night.  Loss was mostly on him.

Archived