Scott Campbell is out per PFT

MikeT14

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Kyle Smith deserves a promotion for sure

So,, he's currently Director of College Scouting. What would be a step -up.. All personnel ?  Scott Campbell-- Classy move IMO by Snyder to keep him around for a year after he was essentially replaced by Kyle Smith. Snyder catches a lot of crap and little praise. 

31 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So,, he's currently Director of College Scouting. What would be a step -up.. All personnel ?  Scott Campbell-- Classy move IMO by Snyder to keep him around for a year after he was essentially replaced by Kyle Smith. Snyder catches a lot of crap and little praise. 

Well Campbell’s position was Senior Personnel Executive... whatever that means. I guess it’s a step up from where Kyle Smith is and then they could move Grimble into Kyle’s slot.

Or they could move Alex Santos (Director of Pro Personnel) into Campbell’s position which seems more illogical I guess.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

snyder will NEVER deserve praise...

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What kills me is if they view Smith so highly why not just make him GM and fire Bruce and Doug? Let Schaffer and Smith run the team and build their scouting department. 

Fire them all.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Fire them all.

Why fire Smith? If he’s considered a rising star around the league why not just let him run the whole deal? Why is it so easy for other teams to make this decision but not ours? 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Why fire Smith? If he’s considered a rising star around the league why not just let him run the whole deal? Why is it so easy for other teams to make this decision but not ours? 

Because they never fully clean house.  Every time we've had a regime change we only change a few people.  Its time to remove the stench of losing from the front office.  Just totally clean house IMO.

Cleaning house after having what we all consider two good drafts in a row doesn’t make much sense. 

Bruce is one thing he’s been a disaster for years, but I don’t agree with dumping Doug Williams, Schaffer or Kyle Smith and the scouts. Kyle Smith was developed/trained by McCloughan and Campbell, so was Grimble. By all accounts they’ve done a good job and I see no reason why Doug Williams doesn’t deserve to be here. I’d much rather listen to him talk football than some bs’r like Bruce Allen who just gets up there and says things - often the wrong things - but knows nothing.

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Because they never fully clean house.  Every time we've had a regime change we only change a few people.  Its time to remove the stench of losing from the front office.  Just totally clean house IMO.

IDK man, Maybe the old saying applies here --"Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater " 

Archived