Eagles sign RB Matt Jones

Danger

He just needs a real RB's Coach to unlock his potential that's all. You watch. Only real question I have is, who hits 2000 yds first this season? Jones or Guice?

I'm gonna say Jones by week 8, Guice not until week 10 because he's a slacker.

41 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He just needs a real RB's Coach to unlock his potential that's all. You watch. Only real question I have is, who hits 2000 yds first this season? Jones or Guice?

I'm gonna say Jones by week 8, Guice not until week 10 because he's a slacker.

W1ZHfGY.jpg

Just now, nlesthought said:

I mean he can't bring less to the table than Smallwood can he? 

Smallwood isn't even really bad. He just fell out of favor and found himself as the odd man out. He'd be a solid #2 or at least #3 on a lot of teams.

1 hour ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I mean he can't bring less to the table than Smallwood can he? 

Smallwood isn't even really bad. He just fell out of favor and found himself as the odd man out. He'd be a solid #2 or at least #3 on a lot of teams.

I never understood the Smallwood hate either.

That said these are two different type of RBs, Jones is closer to the larger insider runner like Blount/Ajayi. Smallwood is closer to smaller scat back type player like Clement/Sproles.

Don't think the Smallwood "hate" is irrational or hard to understand. He looks great every offseason and is given a chance to start but looks mediocre before getting hurt or disappearing. I wouldn't be shocked if we get articles in the coming months saying how awesome Smallwood looks. It's the same song and dance.

14 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I was only speaking in terms of what could Smallwood bring to the table that we don't already have? 

Probably nothing. But that logic only holds up until someone gets hurt. Let's say, god forbid, Ajayi and Clement get hurt at some point. Then suddenly Smallwood has what we lack.

Archived