• Darnold/Ward
    • Darnold/Chubb
    • Rosen/Chubb
    • Rosen/Ward
    • Allen/Chubb
    • Allen/Ward
    • Other option (state)
    • Hornby/Kiwi

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2018 at 12:31 AM

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lol I it gets the job done. I didn't mind the Mayfield pick but it was just suprising. Not a fan of the Ward pick and that's when everything sort of went off the rails for me watching the draft in terms of shots haha

Then passing on Harold Landry at 33 which they could have made up for not taking Ward, but they overdrafted a guy who most thought was a better fit at Guard.

Harold Landy fell to them by the grace of God that allowed them to make up for passing Chubb and then they passed again....they passed on the 2 best pass rushers in the draft when they both fell right into their laps.

Sam Darnold/Bradley Chubb/Josh Jackson/Nick Chubb/Jamarco Jones sounds a lot better to me than Mayfield/Ward/Corbett/Chubb/Thomas

But that's just me

I hear ya.

Every time I start thinking like that I remember how pissed I was when we passed on Taylor Mays in favor of some no name scrubb named TJ Ward and then I calm back down 😂.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hear ya.

Every time I start thinking like that I remember how pissed I was when we passed on Taylor Mays in favor of some no name scrubb named TJ Ward and then I calm back down 😂.

TJ was a great player for us. I wish he played his second contract here. He was so much better than ‘hitner’

Edited by Kiwibrown

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

TJ was a great player for us. I wish he played his second contract here. He was so much better than ‘hitner’

Another move I will never understand with the Browns and free agency.

Up there with Schwartz and Mack.

You finally develop a good player from the draft and you just let em walk to continue to be pro bowlers on other teams then complain about a lack of talent on the roster 👌

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

You finally develop a good player from the draft and you just let em walk to continue to be pro bowlers on other teams then complain about a lack of talent on the roster 👌

Mack was 30 and we were starting a complete rebuild.  Paying an aging C 50 million in that situation would have been pointless.

Schwartz was trying to leverage us for a better deal elsewhere until he realized he wouldn’t get it there.  Also, it’s funny how many people complained about him when he was here (not saying you were one) but act like we let Anthony Munoz walk nowadays.

The issue is higher up the food chain that front offices, it’s ownership who keeps changing front offices who then get “their guys”.  I’m sure you’ll see it again over the next few years with the guys Dorsey will cut. 

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mack was 30 and we were starting a complete rebuild.  Paying an aging C 50 million in that situation would have been pointless.

Schwartz was trying to leverage us for a better deal elsewhere until he realized he wouldn’t get it there.  Also, it’s funny how many people complained about him when he was here (not saying you were one) but act like we let Anthony Munoz walk nowadays.

The issue is higher up the food chain that front offices, it’s ownership who keeps changing front offices who then get “their guys”.  I’m sure you’ll see it again over the next few years with the guys Dorsey will cut. 

If we kept Mack, Mitch, Gip, Ward we would of had a bunch of 3-4-5 win seasons and be a bottom end team. 

It has been a turd ride without them though

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we kept Mack, Mitch, Gip, Ward we would of had a bunch of 3-4-5 win seasons and be a bottom end team. 

It has been a turd ride without them though

Agree with all of this. Intellectually, we NEEDED to be awful and to dump anyone who wouldn't still be very good when we were shooting to compete (18-19' and 19-20'). It's what allowed us to stockpile picks like crazy by picking #1/2 for three years straight. BUT, that doesn't make it fun to see them in their primes elsewhere or to watch the walking turds we had to handle replacing them for a couple years.

43 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Agree with all of this. Intellectually, we NEEDED to be awful and to dump anyone who wouldn't still be very good when we were shooting to compete (18-19' and 19-20'). It's what allowed us to stockpile picks like crazy by picking #1/2 for three years straight. BUT, that doesn't make it fun to see them in their primes elsewhere or to watch the walking turds we had to handle replacing them for a couple years.

The nail in the coffin was Ray Farmer. Bad fa contracts, Starks, Bowl, Whitner, Old man linebacker mixes with some of the worst drafting possible. 

If we had drafted Mack and Carr and kept some the of the other talent we had we probably win 7-10 games and at least go to the playoffs once.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hear ya.

THIS JABRONI HAS 2 PATELLAR TENDON TEARS WHAT THE HELL HECKERT

4 years later

WHAT THE HELL WHYD WE GET RID OF THE GUY

Darnold/Ward.

But I was on the fence about the QB's. I was fine with any of the top 4. Was really apathetic to who we selected as our QB, as I liked all of them tbh.

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

It is a symptom of the multiple regime changes. 

I wish we had traded Thomas at the end to a contender we wasted most of his career through incompetence of management. If we had moved him on I imagine the city would of lost its mind.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It is a symptom of the multiple regime changes. 

I wish we had traded Thomas at the end to a contender we wasted most of his career through incompetence of management. If we had moved him on I imagine the city would of lost its mind.

The deal in place was Denvers 1st (26th-32th pick) and Shaq Barrett.

Would you have taken that 2 years ago knowing the Browns cant draft especially at the end of the 1st round?

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The deal in place was Denvers 1st (26th-32th pick) and Shaq Barrett.

Would you have taken that 2 years ago knowing the Browns cant draft especially at the end of the 1st round?

More for Joe sake than ours. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Fully aboard team Darnold/Chubb. However I do LOVE the Ward pick. 

I agree with this.  Would have been happy with Darnold / Ward as well.

Peace!!!

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.