• Darnold/Chubb
    • Rosen/Chubb
    • Rosen/Ward
    • Allen/Chubb
    • Allen/Ward
    • Other option (state)
    • Hornby/Kiwi

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2018 at 12:31 AM

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The deal in place was Denvers 1st (26th-32th pick) and Shaq Barrett.

Would you have taken that 2 years ago knowing the Browns cant draft especially at the end of the 1st round?

Knowing what we know now, yes. JT didn't do us any good during our 1-31 run over the last couple years (through no fault of his own), and as much as I would have hated to see him go it would have been nice for him to win a few games for his sake at the end of his career, and you never know, we could have gotten a decent player out of that pick.

I had Mayfield and Darnold as almost a toss up but leaned slightly to Darnold. My preference at 4 was to slide down just a couple spots and grab a Ward or Minkah, or take Chubb at 4. Seems like there was no action to move down slightly and they really wanted Ward, so I'm fine with what we did on both fronts.

I track my drafts as the draft unfolds each year and here is my end result for the Browns as they stand (I also have a running draft where I keep track of my team and draft as I was the GM continuing year to year so the picks are different):

1. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma

4. Bradley Chubb, DE N.C. St.

33. Connor Williams, OT Texas

35. Josh Jackson, CB Iowa

67. Royce Freeman, RB Oregon

105. Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan

150. Tyrell Crosby, OT Oregon

175. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR Notre Dame

188. Will Clapp, C LSU

The draft for my team looked different than this because I have a wealth of depth at the CB position so I subbed Jackson for Harold Landry and my offensive system would be based on two TE sets so Royce Freeman is subbed for Mark Andrews. The trades are also slightly different such that I still had another 6th round pick, which I used on Jordan Maialata the rugby player.

7 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

I track my drafts as the draft unfolds each year and here is my end result for the Browns as they stand (I also have a running draft where I keep track of my team and draft as I was the GM continuing year to year so the picks are different):

1. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma

4. Bradley Chubb, DE N.C. St.

33. Connor Williams, OT Texas

35. Josh Jackson, CB Iowa

67. Royce Freeman, RB Oregon

105. Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan

150. Tyrell Crosby, OT Oregon

175. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR Notre Dame

188. Will Clapp, C LSU

The draft for my team looked different than this because I have a wealth of depth at the CB position so I subbed Jackson for Harold Landry and my offensive system would be based on two TE sets so Royce Freeman is subbed for Mark Andrews. The trades are also slightly different such that I still had another 6th round pick, which I used on Jordan Maialata the rugby player.

I keep a record of the guys I would have drafted at the time of being on the clock since 2004. I don't go as far as to pick my own offensive system and I probably would have a really uneven looking roster as I only take into consideration each individual year and what the Browns needs are that year.

I have some whiffs, some reaches and some serious misses. There were times when some of my bigger draft crushes I knew were never going as high as we picked and then they never fell to the next pick so I never even got to pick them. I don't decide on trade ups and I don't just say I do not accept the trade downs. Many of the trades I would have never done myself but I can only go by what picks the Browns do have and when they go on the clock I write down the name of the guy I want, So obviously some of these drafts get a little extra heavy on one position group bc our idiot Browns just kept passing on guys at a position of need so I'd keep thinking we should draft that position.

This post made me go back and look at some of these and man do I have a DLine fetish lol. I also have a serious soft spot for GLIACc and OAC Also, some names that brought back some fond memories. I wanted us to draft Tim Fugger so bad not because I thought he was special or anything but because I wanted to scream "That Fugger can play",  "Look at that Fugger Go", "That Fugger is a handful out there today"

Would have never made the trade either and kept a high 2nd round pick.
1-6. Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami(Oh)
2-59. Randy Starks DL Maryland
4-106. Stacy Andrews OT Ole Miss
5-161. Eugene Amano OG Southeast Missouri State
6-176. Adrian Clarke OG Ohio State
7-208. Darrell McClover LB Miami(Fla)

1-3. Cadillac Williams RB Auburn
2-34. Michael Roos OT Eastern Michigan
3-67. Darryl Blackstock ILB Virginia
4-103. Chris Canty DE Virginia
5-139. David McMillan DE/LB Kansas
6-176. Chris Kemoeatu OG Utah
6-203. Rob Petitti OT Pittsburgh
7-217. Nate Washington WR Tiffin

1-13. Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State
2-34. Winston Justice OT USC
3-78. Jason Hatcher DE Grambling State
4-110. Domata Peko NT Michigan State
4-112. Stanley McClover DE/LB Auburn
5-145. Dawan Landry SS Georgia Tech
5-152. Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green
6-180. Reggie McNeal WR Texas A&M
6-181. LeKevin Smith DL Nebraska
7-222. DeDe Dorsey RB Lindenwood

1-3. Joe Thomas LT Wisconsin
1-22. Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
2-53. Josh Wilson CB Maryland
5-140. Rufus Alexander LB Oklahoma
6-201. Germaine Race RB Pittsburg State
7-213. Kyle Cook OC Michigan State
7-234. Jacon Trusnik DE/LB Ohio Northern

4-104. Dre Moore DL Maryland
4-111. Jack Williams CB Kent State
6-190. Pierre Garcon WR Mount Union
6-191. Alex Hall DE/LB St. Augustine
7-231. Michael Grant CB Arkansas

1-21. Alex Mack OC California
2-36. Connor Barwin DE/LB Cincinnati
2-50. Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa
2-52. Fili Moala DL USC
4-104. T.J. Lang OG Eastern Michigan
6-177. Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska
6-191. Dan Skuta LB Grand Valley State

1-7. Earl Thomas FS Texas
2-38. Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona
2-59. Amari Spievey CB Iowa
3-85. Kevin Thomas CB USC
5-160. Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan
6-186. James Starks QB Buffalo

(Wanted J.J. Watt)
1-21. Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple
2-37. Justin Houston DE/LB Georgia
2-59. Chris Culliver CB South Carolina
4-102. Cecil Shorts WR Mount Union
4-124. T.J. Yates QB North Carolina
5-137. Dwayne Harris WR East Carolina
5-150. Chris Carter DE/LB Fresno State
7-248. Derek Hall OT Stanford

1-3. Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
1-22. Harrison Smith FS Notre Dame
2-37. Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
Wanted Wagner or Spence and both went before out pick 
3-87. Miles Burris ILB San Diego State
4-100. Robert Turbin RB Utah State
4-120. Greg Childs WR Arkansas
5-160. Tim Fugger DE/LB Vanderbilt
6-204. Michael Smith RB Utah State
6-205. Jeris Pendleton NT Ashland
7-245. Gerell Robinson WR Arizona State
7-247. Mike Brewster OC Ohio State

Obviously Dion Jordan was my #1 ranked player but he never fell to #6
1-6. Star Lotulelei NT Utah
Big Travis Kelce fan too. Thought Top 40 player. Didn't make it to out pick
3-68. Tyrann Mathieu DB LSU
6-175. Charles Johnson WR Grand Valley State
7-217. Ty Powell LB Harding
7-227. 

#1 target was Greg Robinson but he didn't fall to #4 and we traded back. Knew Clowney was going 1st or he
would have been my #1 obviously.

1-8.  Derek Carr QB Fresno State
1-22. Jason Verrett CB TCU
2-35. Joel Bitonio OL Nevada
3-71. Scott Crichton DE Oregon State
3-95. Christian Jones LB Florida State
4-127. Aaron Murray QB Georgia

1-12. DeVante Parker WR Louisville
1-19. Bud Dupree DE/LB Kentucky
2-51. Frank Clark DE/LB Michigan
3-77. Carl Davis NT Iowa
3-96. Marcus Hardison DT/DE Arizona State
4-115. Tyrus Thompson OT Oklahoma
4-123. Tony Lippett WR Michigan State
6-189. Aaron Ripkowski FB Oklahoma
6-195. Brian Mihalik DE Boston College
6-198. Gerod Holliman FS Lousville
7-219. A.J. Tarpley ILB Stanford
7-241. La'el Collins OG LSU

I would have stayed at #8 and taken Jack Conklin my #1 OT even over Stanley
1-15. Corey Coleman WR Baylor
2-32. Noah Spence DE/LB Western Kentucky
3-65. Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU
3-76. Braxton Miller WR Ohio State
3-93. Jerald Hawkins OT LSU
4-99. Alex Lewis OG Nebraska
4-114. Matt Judon DE Grand Valley State
4-129. DeAndre Houston-Carson CB William & Mary
4-138. Josh Forrest ILB Kentucky
5-154. Austin Blythe OC Iowa
5-168. Tyler Matakevich ILB Temple
5-172. Jerrell Adams TE South Carolina
5-173. Johnathan Jones CB Auburn
7-250. Darius White CB California

1-1. Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
1-25. Budda Baker SS Washington
1-29. T.J. Watt LB Wisconsin
Wanted Adam Shaheen. No idea he would go that high. I was thinking mid 3rd. If I would have known he was
oing #45 I would have reached at #29 for him over Watt.
2-52. Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado
3-65.  Pat Elflein OC Ohio State
4-126. Jamaal Williams RB BYU
5-160. Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
6-185. Ejuan Price DE Pittsburgh
7-224. Orion Stewart FS Baylor
7-252. Brandon Kublanow OC Georgia

1-1. Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
1-4. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
2-33. Anthony Miller WR Memphis
2-35. Nick Chubb RB Georgia
3-67. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo DE Oklahoma
4-105. Antonio Callaway WR Florida
5-150. Mike White QB Western Kentucky
6-175. Jullian Taylor DT Temple
6-188. Kameron Kelly DB San Diego State

Nice, TheeRealDeal, I just started the GM one where I track off my own team last year. I've been doing the same thing you do since2007 or there about. If I had my computer handy I would post those. I think what is cool for both of ours is that we both would have drafted better than the Browns over the last decade,  lol.

17 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

Nice, TheeRealDeal, I just started the GM one where I track off my own team last year. I've been doing the same thing you do since2007 or there about. If I had my computer handy I would post those. I think what is cool for both of ours is that we both would have drafted better than the Browns over the last decade,  lol.

I think a monkey throwing darts at names would have done better than the Browns the last 15 years. Its no so much the misses either because everyone is going to have some bad whiffs. You just never know how someone is going to handle the NFL life after getting drafted. It is the obvious dumb stuff they have done that everyone knew was bad before it had even happened yet. Everyone knew the Browns were going to be the team to gamble on Brandon Weeden and we did it 3 rounds too early. Everyone knew Cameron Erving sucked long before the pick happened. Everyone knew the Browns were going to be the team that took Johnny Manziel. Everyone thought it would be earlier but he was 100% always going to be a Brown. I can forgive the Warren of LT because there was a legit argument that we needed a DT more and LT was from a small school. I cannot forgive them for passing on Richard Seymour though because I remember plain as day everyone had Seymour ranked miles ahead of the next Dlineman. Everyone knew it was a bad pick before either of the two ever took a snap. Trading a Top 40 pick to move up 1 spot for a freakin TE? Leon McFadden with Tyrann Mathieu starring you in the face? Even the trade up for Richardson was stupid even if the guy turned out to be good. Minnesota had ZERO interest in him or trading down. I never saw him busting especially as hard as he did but he was never the right way to go either. 

We have never taken so many players I was high on in once single draft so hopefully the Browns are on the right path now(Not that I am some genius either I mean Caddy, Bobby, Dion, Star ect)

On 5/11/2018 at 11:39 PM, TheeRealDeal said:

I think a monkey throwing darts at names would have done better than the Browns the last 15 years. Its no so much the misses either because everyone is going to have some bad whiffs. You just never know how someone is going to handle the NFL life after getting drafted. It is the obvious dumb stuff they have done that everyone knew was bad before it had even happened yet. Everyone knew the Browns were going to be the team to gamble on Brandon Weeden and we did it 3 rounds too early. Everyone knew Cameron Erving sucked long before the pick happened. Everyone knew the Browns were going to be the team that took Johnny Manziel. Everyone thought it would be earlier but he was 100% always going to be a Brown. I can forgive the Warren of LT because there was a legit argument that we needed a DT more and LT was from a small school. I cannot forgive them for passing on Richard Seymour though because I remember plain as day everyone had Seymour ranked miles ahead of the next Dlineman. Everyone knew it was a bad pick before either of the two ever took a snap. Trading a Top 40 pick to move up 1 spot for a freakin TE? Leon McFadden with Tyrann Mathieu starring you in the face? Even the trade up for Richardson was stupid even if the guy turned out to be good. Minnesota had ZERO interest in him or trading down. I never saw him busting especially as hard as he did but he was never the right way to go either. 

We have never taken so many players I was high on in once single draft so hopefully the Browns are on the right path now(Not that I am some genius either I mean Caddy, Bobby, Dion, Star ect)

I think a lot of people forget that at least the Browns had the good sense to get another 1st round pick from Indianapolis for Richardson before his value was in the toilet. I think that might be the best trade that the modern Browns have pulled off since rejoining the league in 1999 imo. 

Also great post @TheeRealDeal

3 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I think a lot of people forget that at least the Browns had the good sense to get another 1st round pick from Indianapolis for Richardson before his value was in the toilet. I think that might be the best trade that the modern Browns have pulled off since rejoining the league in 1999 imo. 

Also great post @TheeRealDeal

Terrific trade. Unfortunately, the reason we’ve sucked is missed picks like Manziel, who we took with that pick. 

Archived