Borderlands 3

I started as Fl4k but wasn't really digging it. I like some flash and awe to my characters and he seems pretty meh... I had no doubt with the amount of crit talents he has he can be a monster in late game but i'm not really a high crit guy nor do I like the pets that much. 

Amara is a lot of flash but her best build is probably more toward melee which outside of Kriegs unique skillset in BL 2 I just don't find that amusing with all of the differing guns. 

Zane doesn't really interest me that much right now so haven't tried him. 

I didn't think I would like Moze before the game came out but her skill trees are pretty gun heavy and Iron Bear addse utility against bosses and getting out of hairy situations. It is also extremely fun to use. 

I can't link from work, but google "IGN Shift codes Borderlands 3" and you can get a handful of golden keys. I got 13 last night because I also signed up for the Borderlands VIP and did the pre-order survey. That was 5 keys, so take those off and you should be able to get 8. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I can't link from work, but google "IGN Shift codes Borderlands 3" and you can get a handful of golden keys. I got 13 last night because I also signed up for the Borderlands VIP and did the pre-order survey. That was 5 keys, so take those off and you should be able to get 8. 

There is also a twitter that posts available key codes. I will say just hold onto your keys until later in the game though as the guns will scale to your level. Better bang for you buck! Thanks for the tip also

2 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

There is also a twitter that posts available key codes. I will say just hold onto your keys until later in the game though as the guns will scale to your level. Better bang for you buck! Thanks for the tip also

I couldn't help myself, I used a few. I wanted to see what kinda stuff they give this year. 

Would say using a couple is fine. I used at level 25, but the guns I got I will only use for a few levels. I wish I knew earlier, I would have used a couple at around level 12-15 and then Bank'd the guns for another playthrough

Man, if you stack Amara's melee/close range damage adders, and then convert melee damage into shock damage, and add the element/shock damage adder skills... yikes. 

You'll be able to take down almost any enemy's shield off in one melee hit, then use a flame shotgun to annihilate them. 

Also, Amara gets a ton of buffs for ~15 seconds following her action skill, and phasegrasp has an 18 second cooldown, so you will almost always be fully buffed.

16 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I started as Fl4k but wasn't really digging it. I like some flash and awe to my characters and he seems pretty meh... I had no doubt with the amount of crit talents he has he can be a monster in late game but i'm not really a high crit guy nor do I like the pets that much. 

Amara is a lot of flash but her best build is probably more toward melee which outside of Kriegs unique skillset in BL 2 I just don't find that amusing with all of the differing guns. 

Zane doesn't really interest me that much right now so haven't tried him. 

I didn't think I would like Moze before the game came out but her skill trees are pretty gun heavy and Iron Bear addse utility against bosses and getting out of hairy situations. It is also extremely fun to use. 

I'm currently playing Amara, but I was thinking of doing a Moze secondary, she has been fun? Anything specifically fun about her?

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Man, if you stack Amara's melee/close range damage adders, and then convert melee damage into shock damage, and add the element/shock damage adder skills... yikes. 

You'll be able to take down almost any enemy's shield off in one melee hit, then use a flame shotgun to annihilate them. 

Also, Amara gets a ton of buffs for ~15 seconds following her action skill, and phasegrasp has an 18 second cooldown, so you will almost always be fully buffed.

My whole Pandora run was just melee > Jacobs Pistol HS or vice versa lol. I'm not too far in, but I'm REALLY happy to hear melee looks viable. I always try to make it work in most games, but then end up just going snipers... ironic lol

6 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I'm currently playing Amara, but I was thinking of doing a Moze secondary, she has been fun? Anything specifically fun about her?

I'm a fan of gun skills since the game is basically about collecting the best guns and Moze has great synergy with different gun builds. I haven't really found a weakness to her shield of retribution tree which gives her a lot of stacked DPS while also allowing a boost to her shield. 

Plus getting into the thick of combat and then popping her Iron Bear skill never gets old. 

6 hours ago, James said:

Been playing Amara with the projection ult. Pretty confident that my build is trash, maybe the power of the rush stack skills just isn't as easy to notice though.

For my 2nd character I might try an afk pet build.

I am running Beastmaster and the pet is honestly pretty useless imo

2 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I have a solo game going as Moze. I'm not sure I am a fan. Maybe I'm not far enough in and haven't looked at skill trees. However I do like jumping in that mech and gunning people haha. I think for my co-op I'm going to run as Amara. Has anyone actually played as the old dude?

Zane has some interesting trees. I think my 2nd playthrough will be as him. His decoy and grenade tree seems like a cool build

My fav guns in this game are subs and pistols, so Amara has a ton of relevance as she is a close range character. Expect to be downed a lot.