Borderlands 3

On 5/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, showtime said:

I read that this game is capped at 30 FPS on all consoles except the Xbox One X, where it will be playable at 60 FPS.  If that's actually how it will be, it's very disappointing.  EDIT:  Found a link

Gearbox has revealed that Borderlands 3 is targeting 60fps on Xbox One X. However, Borderlands 3 is also confirmed to be locked at 30fps on base consoles.

Unfortunately, Brock also confirmed that the other consoles like PS4, Xbox One, and maybe even the PS4 Pro, will run Borderlands 3 in 30fps. "Xbox One will be 30fps. Xbox One X we're shooting for 60fps, but we'll do what we can. We intend to offer favor fidelity and favor performance-type options. Yes, 4K on Xbox One X," said Brock.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/borderlands-3-is-targeting-60-fps-on-xbox-one-x-30-fps-on-base-consoles

Thats cause XBX is the best and every other console is for peasants. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, showtime said:

Same.  I'll probably get it on Black Friday when it's like $30.

Nevermind, I caved and bought the Super Deluxe version. I don't want to wait. The original Borderlands was one of my favorite games. 

I'll probably just skip COD and roll with this. I'd rather support Gearbox and Telltale instead of Activision anyway.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Nevermind, I caved and bought the Super Deluxe version. I don't want to wait. The original Borderlands was one of my favorite games. 

I'll probably just skip COD and roll with this. I'd rather support Gearbox and Telltale instead of Activision anyway.

You know damn well you're not skipping CoD lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I played a few hours, got to level 10. It's a pretty slow start honestly. Not sure if I like the character I chose (beast master) but really don't want to go through the opening again to change it 

Same here. I wanted Moze or Zane. But the kids were all, "Be Flak! Be Flak!" Now Im stuck with it.

The shooting is kinda weird and not like the other games. Like the game has more depth than the others and everything is set back farther. Even when something isnt far off it gives the impression it is until its right in your face.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Same here. I wanted Moze or Zane. But the kids were all, "Be Flak! Be Flak!" Now Im stuck with it.

The shooting is kinda weird and not like the other games. Like the game has more depth than the others and everything is set back farther. Even when something isnt far off it gives the impression it is until its right in your face.

There is a field of vision option I think, if you reduce that it should make things seem closer.

The shooting is awesome. I've always loved BL, but the shooting has always sucked

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

There is a field of vision option I think, if you reduce that it should make things seem closer.

The shooting is awesome. I've always loved BL, but the shooting has always sucked

By the way; in co-op enemy levels are instanced.
So say I am level 25; the enemies will be on level for me, while they would be level 10 (or whatever level you are) for you.
Kind of a cool little feature to keep people playing together regardless of who's played more, has better gear, etc.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Don't know who to play as. Which character is a glass cannon type?

None are really glass cannons this year and they all seem to be pretty balanced weapon wise as well. Moze can jump into iron bear, Fl4K has his pets and some defensive abilities, Zane has some defensive utility with shields and his clone, and Amara is made for melee combat. 

It seems like they tried not to pigeon hole any of the characters into one style of play (Amara with the exception as she has a melee build) or weapon type. I like this better than years past where you used Zero with just snipers ect.... 

Edited by Spartacus