ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Let's just ask him to do everything everywhere always.

yes, we should ask him try give effort on defense.what a garbage way of thinking, i mean seriously. the thinking that he doesnt have to so the cavs ares essentially 4 on 5 on d is part of the reason they are losing. he doesnt rotate, he gets lost way too easily and more often than not hes just watching other guys do stuff. 

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yes, we should ask him try give effort on defense.what a garbage way of thinking, i mean seriously. the thinking that he doesnt have to so the cavs ares essentially 4 on 5 on d is part of the reason they are losing. he doesnt rotate, he gets lost way too easily and more often than not hes just watching other guys do stuff. 

The man is the only person on the team who can create on offense and plays 40+ minutes a game.  He's earned the right to be a little lackadaisical on defense.

In a perfect world he'd be able to play engaged defense all the time, but he's not a machine.  He's not a 25-year-old with nearly limitless stamina.  He doesn't have multiple great defenders around him to let him play lazy defense and get away with it like plenty of other aging stars have had.  The guy has put in crazy miles and still has to; his effort is much better utilized and more important on offense.

17 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

You're right, but I think it's actually a big loss losing Horford more so than it is Irving. Horford started the culture shift and is the Celtics leader. Davis is so young and a little unreliable due to his injury bug so while he is better ehen healthy, I don't think it is a great improvement overall. Jrue Holiday is a good player who would probably fit in with the Celtics but I don't know enough since his ACL tear over a year ago to say I love him on the C's.

Jrue looked really good against the Dubs (on both offense and defense). Davis is a massive improvement on Horford when healthy. He might not offer the veteran leadership, but he's better in basically all aspects of the game.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The man is the only person on the team who can create on offense and plays 40+ minutes a game.  He's earned the right to be a little lackadaisical on defense.

In a perfect world he'd be able to play engaged defense all the time, but he's not a machine.  He's not a 25-year-old with nearly limitless stamina.  He doesn't have multiple great defenders around him to let him play lazy defense and get away with it like plenty of other aging stars have had.  The guy has put in crazy miles and still has to; his effort is much better utilized and more important on offense.

This is crap. He dont got to be Tony Allen. But he can complete simple rotations, and not leave people wide open. That is all they need him to do. It won't matter how much he do on offense if he going to leave people open to shoot 3s. 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Jrue looked really good against the Dubs (on both offense and defense). Davis is a massive improvement on Horford when healthy. He might not offer the veteran leadership, but he's better in basically all aspects of the game.

*when healthy

That's the risk. Plus the leadership gap is huge although Gordon Hayward coming back may remedy some of that.

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

This is crap. He dont got to be Tony Allen. But he can complete simple rotations, and not leave people wide open. That is all they need him to do. It won't matter how much he do on offense if he going to leave people open to shoot 3s. 

He does do that.  Not always, but he still makes plays on defense.  He most certainly makes lazy plays and bad rotations, but he doesn't do it all that often.  As crazy as it is to say, it's not always his responsibility when someone on the other team is left wide open.

If Lebron was exerting more than lackadaisical effort on defense, he simply wouldn't be able to carry the offense for 48 minutes. They need Lebron in order to generate buckets, so the other 4 guys on the court and "coach" Lue should do all they can to mitigate the effects of him not putting much effort on defense. 

If Kyrie had not gotten injured, and this team was even better because of him - the narrative would have been that Kyrie is so great that he makes all players around him better and he single handedly is responsible for Bostons superb performances.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

I love Marcus Smart, man.  He will drive you crazy at times with his decision making on offense, but he always plays hard.  He works his arse off defensively and I love when he got in JR Smith's face after he pushed Horford while he was in the air.  Smart is just one of those dudes that plays in the trenches and I love it.

His importance to this team was proven as soon he came back in the Milwaukee series.

their attitude on the court changed completely 

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Why you calling me out?  I rarely post in here anymore. Enjoy your empty win. Don’t matter which of us wins, we’ll just be sheep to the slaughter. 

You want a participation trophy?

Because you mocked posters all year who claimed this Cavs team was different and were a liability defensively. You'd sarcastically post "Cavs suck" any time they won a few a games.

I will surely enjoy watching the Celtics making the NBA finals, while young studs like Tatum, Brown, and Rozier shine in the process and knowing that this team adds Hayward AND Kyrie Irving.

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I love Marcus Smart, man.  He will drive you crazy at times with his decision making on offense, but he always plays hard.  He works his arse off defensively and I love when he got in JR Smith's face after he pushed Horford while he was in the air.  Smart is just one of those dudes that plays in the trenches and I love it.

He's a bulldog and so important to this Celtics team. Gotta bring him back.

Archived