ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This is playing out just like the previous two series for Boston, only they managed to win 1 road game against Philly

That's why there is no need to panic. Until they lose at home they are fine. This is a young team that plays off the energy of their crowd. If they lose game 5? Then yeah, it's dammit time. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's why there is no need to panic. Until they lose at home they are fine. This is a young team that plays off the energy of their crowd. If they lose game 5? Then yeah, it's dammit time. 

Difference tho first two teams were both pretty young teams with lack of experience. Who would expect to struggle on the road. 

James thrives on the road, specially in the playoffs. When I think of some of his biggest playoff games they always happen on the road. Game 7 @Boston in 08 Game  5, Game 5 @Detriot , Game7 @GSW 

A game 7 in this series would be an amazing game tho

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I see Buno is back. Even more convenient than my disappearance. My favorite front runner of them all. 

Given that the Cavs have only gotten consistent performances out of LeBron and Tristan Thompson, I'd feel good about the Cs in a game 7. I don't feel great about this series right now OBVIOUSLY but given how strong the Cs have been at postseason, I shouldn't be so swayed. 

Clearly I do underrate Kyrie's ability to score in most situations because the Celtics have been certainly missed someone like that on the road. They also need to look for more 3s because this team is not going to beat anyone making a couple 3s in a half. I don't understand why they are posting up Horford when Tatum has JR SMITH on him. I was begging Tatum to go to the rim last night. It also felt like the Cs got most of the shots they wanted... Jaylen also sent a message with that last second dunk last night so my binky gonna go off next game which I don't even know when is 

Haha you get called out and you start to redirect. That’s cute...

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Difference tho first two teams were both pretty young teams with lack of experience. Who would expect to struggle on the road. 

James thrives on the road, specially in the playoffs. When I think of some of his biggest playoff games they always happen on the road. Game 7 @Boston in 08 Game  5, Game 5 @Detriot , Game7 @GSW 

A game 7 in this series would be an amazing game tho

I'm not saying the Cavs can't or won't win game 5. Just that the Celtics don't need to panic after losing the last two games at Cleveland pretty handily. 

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not saying the Cavs can't or won't win game 5. Just that the Celtics don't need to panic after losing the last two games at Cleveland pretty handily. 

No they shouldn’t panic but they also shouldn’t be relaxed tho. 

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Steph does drive the lane. He's been driving quite a bit during the current series. He still isn't getting the same calls.

He drives when the lane isn't clogged. Curry isn't banging around inside like LeBron is. At all. He drives when he beats his man with fancy dribbles. He doesn't grind through contact and will himself into layups. It's not the same thing.

39 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He drives when the lane isn't clogged. Curry isn't banging around inside like LeBron is. At all. He drives when he beats his man with fancy dribbles. He doesn't grind through contact and will himself into layups. It's not the same thing.

Steph is also not as thick as Harden or James or as tall as Durant, etc.

13 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Steph is also not as thick as Harden or James or as tall as Durant, etc.

Yeah I realize that. But the initial argument was that nobody gets as many calls as LeBron and Harden. I stated that most of the other players aren't driving in traffic nearly as much as those two. Being built like a 11 year old girl doesn't affect the argument at all.

I'm not saying Steph should be driving more often. He's obviously doing just fine doing what he's doing. But he's not getting the foul calls that others get because of his play style, not because of a league-wide conspiracy to get LeBron to the free throw line.

I think if Steph were built more like a fully mature 23 year old girl than an 11 year old girl, i.e. bigger, than he'd maybe get more calls. What I'm trying to say is it comes down to being thicc. More surface area, more contacr or illusion on contact thus higher rate of fouls called. He is so lean and slippery that it appears like the contact isn't there.

If Boston wants to win Stevens needs to change up his game plan entirely. 

Dont switch 1-5 on Lebron. That’s a death sentence. Have brown and Morris guard him straight up. 

Put smart on TT. Horford has no shot of keeping TT off the glass. We’ve got like a 4 year track record of this. But in the past Stevens has had smart on him and it’s worked. Smart is a bull dog and scraps and boxes out to keep TT off the glass. I’m surprised he hasn’t made that adjustment yet. 

Make kevin love beat you. Put someone small on him and force love into thinking he can post up. He cannot. Send weakside help to strip the ball away or block the ball. He loses the ball very easily. 

Make rozier and Tatum shoot more. Those guys can get their shot off any time they want. Every shot they take looks good. They need to shoot the ball at least 50 times combined. 

Just realized the Celts outscored the Cavs over the final 3 quarters of game 4.

Just go to show how much those slow starts are killing  them. 

Still never ever felt like a close game though....always felt like a 15 point lead even when they widdled it down to 6-7

Archived