Lions Patricia Indicted for Sexual Assault in '96

MightyMouse07

11 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I'm curious if Goddell decides to have the NFL investigate this and how they would handle it. I don't think they would since there was no trial and the case was dismissed 22 years ago. 

6 game suspension

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

We're probably getting a little OT, no?   I'll own my part, in making the Pats reply, too.   But this is probably going to a bad place...unless we're talking about how Brady clearly will get the blame for this.

(Oops, I did it again. Sorry).

Back to Patricia - given what happened with Vance Joseph, I really don't see how this goes anywhere.   Only correction I'll make to my earlier statement on Joseph is DET being unaware of this (where DEN was about Joseph) - but man, that's as much on them, given this was publicly available info, too. 

As long as the topic stays on Matt Patricia, the Lions, and why or why not the NFL may feel compelled to take action, I don't see a problem so far. There is a line, however fine, between discussing the event in question and precedent set by the NFL in similar situations, and starting a debate about the event itself.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

As long as the topic stays on Matt Patricia, the Lions, and why or why not the NFL may feel compelled to take action, I don't see a problem so far. There is a line, however fine, between discussing the event in question and precedent set by the NFL in similar situations, and starting a debate about the event itself.

All good, no worries.   Thx for clarifying, like you said, it's a fine line...except when it comes to blaming Brady.  He probably was "generally aware".  

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Terrelle Pryor maybe? 

Sort of. Goodell had more of an issue with Pryor intentionally messing with his draft eligibility. Technically he wasn’t an employee of the NFL yet, but he was - in Roger’s eyes - intentionally trying to game the system of entry. 

I’d call the two situations apples and oranges, even if he wasn’t officially an employee yet.

That said, his denial seemed heartfelt and genuine. The only lingering question is whether the alleged victim will decide, more than two decades after not telling her story in open court, to tell her story to the court of public opinion. Unless and until she does, there’s no reason to give Patricia anything other than the benefit of the doubt, and to respect his ongoing presumption of innocence.

^Not the take I expected from Florio, tbh.

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

22 years ago? Isn't there a statute of limitations? No disrespect but things like this always seem weird to me

I cant imagine the Lions knew anything about it right? Its not exactly something you ask in interviews

Sexual assault is a horrific thing to do to someone, but yeah 22 years ago, that's a long time ago. Now if this was murder it would be a different story.

Packer fan here. Just wanted to say that this is a load of crap. I agree with my fellow packer fan above, but I can't stop asking myself the question: "why now?" Something's fishy here and I don't think Patricia deserves this...

Detroit's owner, Martha Ford, is a champion against sexual assault and domestic violence. Since the organization has already come out in firm support of Patricia, I think It's safe to say that for now, barring new evidence, his job is completely safe. You'd have to think that they whole-heartedly believe him.

For now, I'll just sit back with a bad taste in my mouth.

19 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

And I can't imagine a question they would ask where Patricia would have to reveal it. 

"You're about the be one of the main figureheads of the franchise. Is there anything in your past that would embarrass us?"

Should be a pretty standard interview question for such a high profile job imo.

Archived