Why Aaron Rodgers Doesnt Have 2 Super Bowl Rings

footbull3196

10 hours ago, game3525 said:

He may have been the best during that stretch, but the gap between Rodgers and Brady, Peyton, and Brees was a lot smaller then the gap between Favre and his contemporaries in the mid-90s. 

Yeah. in 2011 Brees was pretty much right there and he had an argument for being better (Rodgers just had the passer rating record) and in 2014 I truly believe whoever won the Packers vs Patriots game late in the season was likely going to be the MVP. Then in 2013 Rodgers was injured. So while it's arguable that he was the best each of those years, he wasn't like killing the field. 

Favre in those days was largely viewed as blowing everyone away.

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm going to hold off on commenting until Rodgers retires.  Then it will be time to either eat some crow or be able to tell Cheese Nation "I told you so."  :D

After your Tavaris Jackson comment, you should just keep it in regardless

Just now, smetana34 said:

I mean, they did beat them a month prior. 

At home and it was an extremely close game that one or two passes either way would have changed the outcome. Pretty sure Rodgers threw a dime to Jordy and he slipped right by Revis that likely had a huge impact on the outcome and then at the end I think their was a dropped pass by Gronk that would have changed the outcome. If I'm recalling correctly. There's no reason to assume they would have won that year. And honestly I think the Patriots were a better team and at a neutral site would have given them the advantage. 

Also as good as the Packers were, they barely got by the Cowboys and they showed big weaknesses against the Seahawks and were practically gifted even being in the game with like 6 different turnovers by Seattle. If you played that game 10 times, it's highly unlikely Seattle's offense plays that dreadfully all ten times. That gets overlooked because of the finish, but realistically the Packers got every break in that game to keep it as close as it was and they still couldn't close it out. 

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah. in 2011 Brees was pretty much right there and he had an argument for being better (Rodgers just had the passer rating record) and in 2014 I truly believe whoever won the Packers vs Patriots game late in the season was likely going to be the MVP. Then in 2013 Rodgers was injured. So while it's arguable that he was the best each of those years, he wasn't like killing the field. 

Favre in those days was largely viewed as blowing everyone away.

You should look at those stats again. Brees threw the ball 150 more times than Rodgers that year. If he gets near the same attempts, Rodgers shatters every major passing record that season. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

At home and it was an extremely close game that one or two passes either way would have changed the outcome. Pretty sure Rodgers threw a dime to Jordy and he slipped right by Revis that likely had a huge impact on the outcome and then at the end I think their was a dropped pass by Gronk that would have changed the outcome. If I'm recalling correctly. There's no reason to assume they would have won that year. And honestly I think the Patriots were a better team and at a neutral site would have given them the advantage. 

Also as good as the Packers were, they barely got by the Cowboys and they showed big weaknesses against the Seahawks and were practically gifted even being in the game with like 6 different turnovers by Seattle. If you played that game 10 times, it's highly unlikely Seattle's offense plays that dreadfully all ten times. That gets overlooked because of the finish, but realistically the Packers got every break in that game to keep it as close as it was and they still couldn't close it out. 

How they played Seattle means nothing about how'd they play New England. Seattle had an all time great defense. New England not so much. I believe Haha broke up a pass at the end intended for Gronk. But I may be misremembering. Either way. That match up was only close on the scoreboard. Green Bay dominated them all game in all phases. No reason to believe anything would've been different. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Yeah, Jackson was the reason Seattle got that ring in 2011 too.  9_9

LOL

Honestly though I think there should have been high expectations that Childress would follow in Reid's footsteps in developing QBs, and that Jackson would become a competent starting QB.

It never worked out that way, but maybe at one time an argument could've been made before Rodgers was a starter?

On 5/10/2018 at 12:55 PM, Darth Pees said:

Heck, he's closer to 3 rings than Rodgers is to 2 rings. 2011 and 2014.

Actually, if the Ravens win in 2011, I don't think they win in 2012. Ray Lewis would have retired, and the inspiration would have been gone.

And, in 2014 (if they don't make that bonehead decision to throw to the end zone down four with 1:30 remaining), they may get to the SB, but I don't think they beat Seattle.

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Actually, if the Ravens win in 2011, I don't think they win in 2012. Ray Lewis would have retired, and the inspiration would have been gone.

And, in 2014 (if they don't make that bonehead decision to throw to the end zone down four with 1:30 remaining), they may get to the SB, but I don't think they beat Seattle.

These are valid points, especially the first one - I hadn't thought about that. Point taken.

Archived