Why Aaron Rodgers Doesnt Have 2 Super Bowl Rings

footbull3196

On 5/10/2018 at 6:42 AM, Jakuvious said:

The fact that this whole thing hinges on the idea that moving a game from San Fran to Green Bay would result in a 14+ point swing makes the whole thing pretty suspect. Predicting a 7 point win for Green Bay means you're saying that home field gives a 21 point swing there, and I'm not buying that at all. If the argument is weather based, the cold would've favored San Fran even more, really. They leaned on the run game with Kaep and Gore in that playoff matchup while Green Bay was forced to start DuJuan Harris at RB. 70% of Green Bay's offense that game was passing the ball, compared to 44% of San Fran's. San Fran could've run the exact same gameplan to the same level of success further north.

Plus A Rogers pissed his pants facing Seahawks defense in there playoff game. He stunk and never looked on Shermans side of the field.

On 6/9/2018 at 3:05 AM, Shady Slim said:

something else to consider here, when talking about the pack moving forward 

moving forward i don't think the pack will be guaranteed the nfc north to be a clear path for them which also has implications on home field advantage and seeding

I wouldn't say they've always had a clear path in the division.  There hasn't really been another consistently good team but the NFC North almost always puts another team besides GB in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Yeah I remember that, Sherm got injured but stayed in. He could've shredded him and exposed it but he barely even tried to throw that direction. 

Sherman couldn’t lift his arm up and Rodgers still refused to throw that way. 

I know it’s more convenient to blame the botched onside but the fact is the defense gave Rodgers six turnovers. It was blatantly obvious that after his MVP season one of his pinpoint passes getting picked off early in the end zone flustered him and he played timid the rest of the game. That game never should have been close 

On 6/11/2018 at 8:34 AM, lancerman said:

Sherman couldn’t lift his arm up and Rodgers still refused to throw that way. 

I know it’s more convenient to blame the botched onside but the fact is the defense gave Rodgers six turnovers. It was blatantly obvious that after his MVP season one of his pinpoint passes getting picked off early in the end zone flustered him and he played timid the rest of the game. That game never should have been close 

I'll never understand why he didn't throw in Sherman's direction in that game.  If we watching the game at home could see it how in the world didn't anyone on GB's sideline not??  If you rewatch that game I have a feeling Rodgers thought he had a free play on that INT - he thought he caught the Seahawks offsides.  Also Rodgers was practically playing on one good leg that entire post season.  But even before that botched onside play our defense made major mistakes in the 4th quarter so there was plenty of blame to go around for losing that one.

I'm hoping Rodgers still has time to win another ring before he retires.  IF he can stay healthy going forward he still has 3/4 more years to get it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 12:08 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

As a non-GB fan, I'd say he's higher on the list vs Favre, but not by much. Rodgers was the more precise of the two, Favre was the most revered of the two among his counterparts at QB (that's not really a fair point of comparison however, as Favre didn't play much of his career in a Brady/Manning/Brees/Ben/Rivers era). 

If Rodgers never wins another ring but wins another MVP he would have a similar career to Favre but because he has a much higher rating and not nearly the interceptions Rodgers would be higher on the list.

21 hours ago, Pugger said:

If Rodgers never wins another ring but wins another MVP he would have a similar career to Favre but because he has a much higher rating and not nearly the interceptions Rodgers would be higher on the list.

Depends on how we look at star inflation going forward. 

Archived