2012 QB draft class one of the best salary cap era draft class?

Vladimir L

2011 was considerably better.

Cam Newton, Von Miller, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Tryon Smith, JJ Watt, Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, Marcel Dareius, Cam Jordan, Mark Ingram, Kyle Rudolph, Justin Houston, KJ Wright, Tyrod Taylor, Chris Harris, Doug Baldwin...

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Cam Newton, Von Miller, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Tryon Smith, JJ Watt, Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, Marcel Dareius, Cam Jordan, Mark Ingram, Kyle Rudolph, Justin Houston, KJ Wright, Tyrod Taylor, Chris Harris, Doug Baldwin...

definitely. it was a complete bust for QBs aside from newton (andy dalton and tyrod taylor the only decent ones) but 30 pro bowlers came from that class. a couple of them only made it once or made it for special teams (dwayne harris) but that's still a ton of talent, especially when you consider the amount of all-pro talent.

off the top of my head the 2007 class is the only class with that much top-end talent. calvin johnson, joe thomas, adrian peterson, patrick willis, darrelle revis, marshawn lynch, etc. that draft had absolutely no QBs though, i think drew stanton lasted the longest in the league.

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

definitely. it was a complete bust for QBs aside from newton (andy dalton and tyrod taylor the only decent ones) but 30 pro bowlers came from that class. a couple of them only made it once or made it for special teams (dwayne harris) but that's still a ton of talent, especially when you consider the amount of all-pro talent.

off the top of my head the 2007 class is the only class with that much top-end talent. calvin johnson, joe thomas, adrian peterson, patrick willis, darrelle revis, marshawn lynch, etc. that draft had absolutely no QBs though, i think drew stanton lasted the longest in the league.

2007 and 2013 had abysmal QB classes.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

2007 and 2013 had abysmal QB classes.

2013 in general wasn't special. Luke Joeckel, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Jonathan Cooper, Tavon Austin, Dee Millner and Chance Warmack all in the top 10. Geez.

10 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

2013 in general wasn't special. Luke Joeckel, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Jonathan Cooper, Tavon Austin, Dee Millner and Chance Warmack all in the top 10. Geez.

Man I was so wrong about Warmack. Thought he was a beast and loved him out of college, was happy we drafted him... damn.

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Doug Baldwin was a UDFA.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Man I was so wrong about Warmack. Thought he was a beast and loved him out of college, was happy we drafted him... damn.

Yeah, I was worried about the Warmack/Levetrie combo...

Mixed results for the Vikings in 2012.  We took Matt Khalil at 3rd overall, who turned out to be a bust.  Fortunately, Rick Spielman made one of his patented moves back up into the late first round and nabbed Harrison Smith with the 29th pick.  He has been a total stud.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

2011 reminds me too much of Christian Ponder. I had such high expectations for him too. :/

Unfortunately, I knew as soon as the pick was announced that it was a total reach and that we had just set our franchise back several years.

42 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, I was worried about the Warmack/Levetrie combo...

Man, during that time I thought we were going to have the best guard combo, one of the best QB/WR duo in the league(Locker/Britt) and one of best LB cores in the league (Zach Brown/Colin McCarthy/Akeem Ayers). 2012-2015 were some rough times for Titans fans.

On the topic at hand, 2014 is also a sneaky good draft.

Archived