Are the playoffs really out of the question?

Yes to go from 0-16 to the playoffs sounds ridiculous, but some young team rises up every year, why not us? Let's take a look. 

Serious upgrades.

#1 qb tyrod is the anti kizer, he protects the ball and moves the chain(keeps the d fresh) 

#2 hue Jackson isn't isn't calling the plays anymore, this could actually be #1. Gone are the days of running 4 verticals with a rookie QB

#3 major secondary upgrades, the front 7 balled out, #1 in ypc against the run, but Williams had to run a soft zone because of the lack of speed in the secondary, hopefully Randall balls out at fs, and jabril peppers should be a wrecking ball at his natural position. 

#4 our wr Corp was awful last year, Coleman goes from the #1 option to the #3 or #4. Night and day

#5 secondary part 2, with an improved secondary that should allow Myles, ogbah and co more time to get to the qb. 

I'm not saying it will happen, but the pieces are in place, if the stars align it isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Discuss

Our schedule on paper is BRUTAL. It's a bad year to get the NFC South. Our best chance would be that we can go about 3-3 or at best 4-2 in the division, split with the NFC South, leaving us somewhere around 5-5 or 6-4, which means we'd have to win 5 out of 6 or 4 out of 6 of the other remaining games.

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

AFC is weak, but our schedule is rough. Hue as at the helm. Wouldn't bet on it. 

As you said the afc is weak, buf and kc made the playoffs last year, joshallen isn't leading buf back, and who knows what mahomes will do in KC. 

Again not saying it will happen, but I think this team will be unrecognizable compared to last season

3 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Do we have a chance? Sure, a very small one but I think it's more likely we just take a huge leap forward and get to .500 and then in 2019 watch out. But what do I know? I'm just a guy who goes to a football forum and watches a bunch of sports shows ?

I agree with this.

6 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I agree with this.

All of the sports shows I am watching anymore come out of Australia.  But I do concur, there is no reason why this club can't be a .500 team this year, and take another big step forward the year after that.

Anyone else excited about the 'Roos/Tigers and Cats/Hawks matchups this weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0fBXwDBmo

That's what I thought.  :)

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’ll likely mention every team as a “sleeper” before the season starts.

Today: Cleveland Browns a “sleeper.”

Tomorrow’s Power Rankings: Cleveland sitting at 29.

Archived