Are the playoffs really out of the question?

On 5/14/2018 at 10:48 PM, AkronsWitness said:

No just because of how brutal the schedule is. The only game that I feel like I can expect a win against is NY Jets week 3. If the Browns can get 6-7 wins with that schedule I will count the season as a success.

However, how in the hell do the Browns add. Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward, Demarious Randall and EJ Gaines and they only get moved up one spot to #31 still below teams like the Bills, Colts, Jets and Dolphins.

How can anybody who writes a column put the Miami Dolphins above the Cleveland Browns after all of the off season additions is beyond me.

I'm with you on that 100%....but unfortunately its like Pop's DaWg_Lb. would say.....coming off 1-15 and 0-16 in back to back years.....They are going to keep talking about us badly, until we shut Their Mouths up.....if we go 8-8 and sniff the playoffs....that'll go a LONG way.....

5 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm with you on that 100%....but unfortunately its like Pop's DaWg_Lb. would say.....coming off 1-15 and 0-16 in back to back years.....They are going to keep talking about us badly, until we shut Their Mouths up.....if we go 8-8 and sniff the playoffs....that'll go a LONG way.....

Exactly, you can’t go 1-31 and be surprised when people predict you’ll suck.

Vegas is always willing to throw a line.

The questions for Browns are many and hinge on the ability of coaching staff to in effect "coach" players up to maximize potential.  With additions of Haley, QB coach, and other coaches, Jackson has put his seal of approval on his ability to "coach" and the time is now because he has a roster that is 8-8 POTENTIAL.  Next year with Mayfield the number goes to 12-4 if all the rookies and key players are "coached up".

With the toughness of schedule, 8-8 would be solid and anything 4-14 means Hue is long gone maybe before season ends with Haley getting another shot.  So no playoffs this year.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:33 PM, TheeRealDeal said:

I understand that and I should have been more expansive on my opinion. I am not a Clevelander and I don't do the city thing very often. I don't think I have even been in the city in a half decade maybe more, so I cannot vouch for Cleveland itself but in my area of the waning interest in the Cleveland Browns is very real. It cannot be blamed on the declining interest in the NFL or Tom Brady's excuse that people are getting their entertainment through different means now. I see it with my eyes everyday. The people who do sport Browns gear are typically a lot older. Under 25 in Browns gear? Hardly ever. I try to talk about the Sunday game with my staff or players and less than 3 ever watched the game. It is trending downward badly and another 3 years of losing is going to lead to less and less sale and less and less tickets for games, and Jimmy Haslam got into this because he is a business man. Jimmy did not get into this because he is a Browns fan. If he comes down to him losing money he will try to re-brand and re-market his franchise in a heartbeat. The only way he can do anything so that it is not "the same old Browns" is to move and change everything. 

If losing caused teams to move the Kansas City Royals would have never won a World Series in 2015 it would have been the Nashville Bears.

I don't trust Jimmy to keep the team in Cleveland if he is losing money. He has tried changing regimes too many times now. The are going to chance the uniforms for a second time already. Guys like him with that kind of money and ego won't admit failure and sell the team either. He will change everything including team name or even the City.

Gambling is going to change things. People who didn’t care about football in general will now.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Gambling is going to change things. People who didn’t care about football in general will now.

Hmmm where dies one go to legitimately put some money on the Browns for the coming season?  I would be interested in that action.

31 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Hmmm where dies one go to legitimately put some money on the Browns for the coming season?  I would be interested in that action.

Same here. If the line is at four wins, give me that over. Or you could be the house against the Jets and that wonky looping throwing motion.

22 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Sticking to my guns on all my earlier predictions before the draft: 9-7 with a wild card game loss. We are a better team and the schedule is not nearly as brutal as everyone is making it out to be.  

Hey, at least someone is on-board my 9-7 train lol: http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000934890/Reggie-Bush-Browns-will-go-9-7-in-2018

• 1 month later...

Archived