Problem Liking Posts

JBURGE

Just now, Webmaster said:

I think you are just fishing for likes now.  :D

Try clearing your browser cache and rebooting your device.  

I swear I"m not lol. 

It's just coming and going. Really weird. I didn't try the cache earlier, so when it pops up again, I"ll try that first. 

On September 1, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Forge said:

I swear I"m not lol. 

It's just coming and going. Really weird. I didn't try the cache earlier, so when it pops up again, I"ll try that first. 

Mine does the same thing where I'm not able to like posts intermittently.

Is there a daily max or anything like that?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mine does the same thing where I'm not able to like posts intermittently.

I never figured mine out. I'm back to being able to do it, and haven't had an issue since. I tried multiple devices, multiple browsers, rebooting, etc. I assumed a Max as well, but not sure thats the case

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I never figured mine out. I'm back to being able to do it, and haven't had an issue since. I tried multiple devices, multiple browsers, rebooting, etc. I assumed a Max as well, but not sure thats the case

I just use my iPad and occasionally my phone.

Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't....

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yes.   That is probably what is causing @Forge issues too.   I mentioned it a couple other places, but didn't think about it here since this topic was originally about a software bug.    Veteran members can only like 10 posts per day.  

2 hours ago, Webmaster said:

Yes.   That is probably what is causing @Forge issues too.   I mentioned it a couple other places, but didn't think about it here since this topic was originally about a software bug.    Veteran members can only like 10 posts per day.  

Sweet now I have an excuse for not liking posts! :P

On 9/5/2017 at 0:16 PM, Webmaster said:

That's both terrible and completely unnecessary. I don't know why we would need to limit likes.

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's both terrible and completely unnecessary. I don't know why we would need to limit likes.

Well gosh, tell me how you really feel. :S

We are limiting the  'likes' to prevent members from gaming the reputation system.   Also, I don't think we want members liking every comment.  

I'm not sure that 10 'likes' per day is the proper limit, but there needs to be some kind of limit.  The feature is completely new for our community and we'll adjust it once we see how it is working over time.

Just now, Webmaster said:

Well gosh, tell me how you really feel. :S

We are limiting the  'likes' to prevent members from gaming the reputation system.   Also, I don't think we want members liking every comment.  

I'm not sure that 10 'likes' per day is the proper limit, but there needs to be some kind of limit.  The feature is new and we'll obviously be adjusting it as we go forward once we see how it is working over time.

Honestly, Webby, why worry about people gaming the reputation system? We all know whose opinions we respect and whose opinions we don't.

When I see a post that I think is funny or makes a good point, I hit like. I feel like that's the point of the feature. Anyways, I'm not meaning to be a jerk here. I just am used to using the like feature on forums that don't limit it, so I use the feature fairly indiscriminately.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Honestly, Webby, why worry about people gaming the reputation system? We all know whose opinions we respect and whose opinions we don't.

When I see a post that I think is funny or makes a good point, I hit like. I feel like that's the point of the feature. Anyways, I'm not meaning to be a jerk here. I just am used to using the like feature on forums that don't limit it, so I use the feature fairly indiscriminately.

I appreciate the feedback.    As I said, this is a completely new feature for our community and it will be adjusted as we see how it is used by our members.  

Archived