Which HC/GM would you bring back?

BleedTheClock

Hypothetical scenario:

Since we returned in '99, we have had a ton of GM's and coaches. If you had to bring back 1 HC and 1 GM from that era for THIS team in 2018, who would it be?

Mine:

HC: Rob Chudzinski

GM: Tom Heckert

I thought Chud got a raw deal. I always thought he was a good coach with a terrible cast around him.

Heckert made our worst 2 picks (Richardson, Weeden), but his GM abilities are far and away better than anyone else we had.

It's interesting that so many have such a strongly positive memory of Chud. I feel the same way and was shocked when we fired him. I really like him. I am really curious, though, why that is. On paper, he didn't seem to be notably different than a lot of the guys we would never say we want it back. What do you guys think that is about? I remember him coming up before as well.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Butch Davis with a good gm would of been nice. 

Dorsey/Sachi/Hackett/savage.

Butch Davis and John Dorsey combo would of been great! I thought Davis was a great HC but was a crap GM

I didnt know like Chudzinski as a coach at all. He was a lame duck hire. Every other HC they tried to go after didnt want to come here, so they settled for Chud. Since he wasnt the coach they wanted, they didnt care to hang on to him. I was done with him after the game  vs Cincy after the bye week. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Butch Davis and John Dorsey combo would of been great! I thought Davis was a great HC but was a crap GM

Absolutely agree! But...and a big but, Butch required a STRONG owner or he would have clashed and struggled for power against any GM.

2 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Chris Palmer/Sashi Brown

18 minutes ago, mistakey said:

heckert/shurmur

What about Shurmur did you like? He seems Hue like to me. Middle of the road as a Browns coach.

chris Palmer? What the heck.

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What about Shurmur did you like? He seems Hue like to me. Middle of the road as a Browns coach.

chris Palmer? What the heck.

the WCO is long tried and works well, shurmur has been a pretty damn good offensive coordinator, i didnt find him nearly as bad as most people here, the team was getting better and the defense was pretty stout.  didn't get a 3rd year with an offense that is pretty complicated and requires execution and we didn't have good players.  imagine what he coulda done with a 2nd year josh gordon and a pro bowl jordan cameron.

he also has 800% more wins than hue

NYG is my vindication for my affection for shurmur.  we'll see if he does well.

34 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i remember when everyone was so super juiced that haslam bought the team and the only thing i could think of was "careful what you wish for"
god i really had hoped i wasnt so right

Yeah it's been a shady ride with owners since '99...and well, forever I guess. I think people were more happy about getting rid of the last guy more than being happy about the new guy.

Archived