Which HC/GM would you bring back?

BleedTheClock

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah it's been a shady ride with owners since '99...and well, forever I guess. I think people were more happy about getting rid of the last guy more than being happy about the new guy.

na man, he obviously learned from the rooneys he was gonna be great, hes from a football family who loves the vols

8 hours ago, mistakey said:

heckert/shurmur

So basically the Holmgren regime without Holmgren. I could live with that actually. I do believe that Weeden (and to a lesser extent the trade up for T-Rich) were both forced by Holmgren. I was a fan of Mangini the coach, but the dude was a head case (kinda like Butch).

As bad as our coaches have been, I think our GM’s have been worse. The only decent player picker was Heckert (and to a lesser extent, Savage). Sashi, we don’t know yet.

We are a statistical anomaly. And not in a good way.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

My HC would be Butch. I always liked him a lot as an HC but he was a terrible GM.

My GM would either be Heckert or Dorsey.

I figured by the way the question was phrased I wasn’t allowed to choose Dorsey but if so Dorsey And shurmur 

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I figured by the way the question was phrased I wasn’t allowed to choose Dorsey but if so Dorsey And shurmur 

Oops, I just realized I said Dorsey. I definitely meant SASHI. The jury is still way out on Dorsey. 

Heckert or Sashi would be mine.

12 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Butch and Sashi would be my picks.

Peace!!!

butch power grabbed his way out of power with carmen policy whos wikipedia entry looks like this:

A native of Youngstown, Ohio, Policy joined the San Francisco 49ers in 1983 as vice president and counsel. In 1991, he became president and CEO of the San Francisco 49ers and played a key role in the 49ers Super Bowl victories in 1985, 1989, 1990, and 1995. In 1994, he was named the National Football League Executive of the Year by The Sporting News and Pro Football Weekly, as voted on by NFL owners and executives. The Sporting News and GQ also named him one of the "Most Influential People in Professional Sports".

His partnership with 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo ended in the late 1990s due to "mistrust and front-office power plays".[3]

doubt sashi would have lasted as long as he did with Hue

Heckert and Shurmer.

Heckert got a raw deal with Holmgren butting his nose in the drafting process, but had better ability to find real players than any other GM we've had (jury is still out on Dorsey). We jumped the gun hiring Shurmer when we did, but with the seasoning/experience he has now would be a much better coach, I think.

35 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Butch and Sashi would be my picks.

Peace!!!

That would be like putting two wild cats in a bag together. By preseason week two there would be a Buddy Ryan/Kevin Gilbride style sideline throwdown!

Chud and Heckert

I forgive Heckert for the Richardson/Weeden draft because I think he knew his time was up.

Somewhat unrelated note I think that Mangini squeezes the most wins out of the roster the last two years.  He was the best at getting wins with absolutely no talent.

Archived