DAL DT Malik Collins breaks foot in OTA’s

Broncofan

No but for real, this sucks. Breaking your foot can some times lead to your whole season being lost. Often times the recovery time is longer than the projected timetable. I hope he can come back this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he missed several games.

4 minutes ago, the lone star said:

No but for real, this sucks. Breaking your foot can some times lead to your whole season being lost. Often times the recovery time is longer than the projected timetable. I hope he can come back this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he missed several games.

Given the location, it sounds like a Jones fracture - and those certainly carry a risk for additional pain, and then a need for screw revision/removal - Dez, Crabtree, Devante Parker all needed the 2nd operation.  Greg Olsen didn't, but he was very ineffective for several games upon return.   So yeah, this really does suck.   There's a new thought process to use a plate instead of a screw, but it's not proven either way.  

Players are almost always back after 8-10 weeks the first time - but the need for revision/removal of the screw really puts a damper on Collins' 2018 season.   If Hankins' salary demands can be met, it would make a lot of sense for them to kick the tires.

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given the location, it sounds like a Jones fracture - and those certainly carry a risk for additional pain, and then a need for screw revision/removal - Dez, Crabtree, Devante Parker all needed the 2nd operation.  Greg Olsen didn't, but he was very ineffective for several games upon return.   So yeah, this really does suck.   There's a new thought process to use a plate instead of a screw, but it's not proven either way.  

Players are almost always back after 8-10 weeks the first time - but the need for revision/removal of the screw really puts a damper on Collins' 2018 season.   If Hankins' salary demands can be met, it would make a lot of sense for them to kick the tires.

Thanks for the insight man. I should look into Jones fractures.

Archived